PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question! LE DIA strap...

sadie_beth_1124
04-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Does the Land's End Do-It-All bag have a long strap? Like that can be worn messenger style, ie, across the chest? I know the bag itself is bigger/ boxier than a messenger bag (and that's cool with me), but I just don't want to slouch to one side, to keep it from slipping off my shoulder.

TIA! It's hard to tell fro mthe picture on the website.

gcampbell72
04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
It has two handles that snap together. They are long enough to wear on one shoulder, but not messenger style.

sadie_beth_1124
04-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Pooey. :( Thanks!

julieakc
04-28-2006, 12:56 AM
I disagree... I think the strap is long enough to wear messenger-style; of course that depends on how tall you are too. But as you already know the DIA is big and bulky and might not be too comfortable this way. I can check take a look for you tomorrow; the bag is in DS's closet and he's sleeping.

boys2enough
04-28-2006, 02:19 AM
I believe that they also have updated the DIA some time. The best way (other than going to the store: and they may not have them in stock) is to contact LE customer service. You know can text chat online with them. LE CS is great. I am sure you can even ask the rep to try it on for you. Good luck.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pcomputer.gif

sadie_beth_1124
04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Wow, that's pretty neat I might have to chat them up. :)
I was planning on ordering it online anyway, I don't think there's any B&M stores in my area (No. TX) that would carry them.

My other thought would be to get a backpack-type. I plan to sling my baby most of the time, so don't know the best type of bag to get. But I do know that I will combine my purse with my DB so I'll need a lot of room! :)

maurenemm
04-28-2006, 01:31 PM
I bought a DIA a little less than a month ago. It has the two straps that you can snap together. I don't know how it could be worn messenger style. I believe some older versions of the DIA could be worn messenger.

bubbaray
04-28-2006, 02:04 PM
The new-style DIA now comes with 2 shoulder style straps that are adjustable, but IMO not long enough to be worn messenger-style. Plus, with 2 straps, it would be uncomfortable.

The early release of the new DIA had 2 straps that weren't adjustable and were quite short. I returned my first version of that bag, but now have the newer new DIA. I definitely could not wear this bag messenger-style.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

julieakc
04-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Ok, I forgot to check earlier, but I just tried it.

I put the straps (double straps) at the longest possible and put both straps over my shoulder; the bag fell a bit higher than I would normally carry a bag messneger-style but it fit. The drop (middle of top of bag to middle of strap/s) was about 18 1/2 inches....my Dash is currently adjusted to about an inch longer. For reference I am between 5'5" and 5'6", size 8 and the bag was empty, but it is certainly doable for someone around my size (or shorter). Although packed I don't think it would be very comfortable that way, but for a few minutes at a time it would be ok.

BTW, mine is the newer style, but it is a little over a year old so I don't know what revisions may have been made since then.

sadie_beth_1124
04-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow, thanks so much. You all have been very helpful. I think I may just have to look in-store for a bag that will work better for me (and DH). I'm shorter than you, but bigger. DH is taller, but skinny. :)
I am registering this weekend so I guess I will just add a BRU bag to my registry, rather than ordering this one online for myself.

Thanks again!