PDA

View Full Version : ISO shopping cart cover w/ full coverage, but can fit in diaper bag...

DAKnits
04-28-2006, 12:23 AM
I am looking for a shopping cart cover that can fit in my diaper bag, but that covers the whole shopping cart. I have the Floppy Seat which I don't love b/c it's yet another thing for me to carry by itself, and I also have one that folds by rolling it into itself and carrying it by the lap belt. I would like one that covers the whole cart, has a lap belt, is at least padded, but folds pretty flat and can be put in a medium to large diaper bag.... does this exist?

hudsonam
04-28-2006, 01:39 PM
The cover at One Step Ahead looks pretty thin. Maybe they can tell you how small it folds up. I would think it would be pretty hard to find one to fit in a diaper bag, because I know how big mine is when it's rolled up.

Don't they sell plastic covers that just go over the handle bar? Maybe that could be a solution.

suzhatch1
04-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I've been ISO the same thing for along time!! I actually bought one of those Chubby Seat covers & a Sew Cute Boutique custom cover, and albeit they are adorable - they are as big as small sleeping bags when they are all rolled up!!

One thing I was thinking of doing was getting an inexpensive fleece blanket (or just a large piece of fleece from the fabric store) and cutting 2 holes for legs. I'm not a sewer at all, and fleece doesn't fray when it's been cut, so it won't need to be hemmed around the cut edges. However I still feel like I want something a bit more "professional".

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread to see if anyone else has any suggestions that they've found, too.

Suz :)

DAKnits
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
What about the Original Clean Shopper? They look thin and it says it folds up compactly .... of course, I can't find a picture of it folded on any website. Maybe someone has one and can take a pic?

Here's a link:

http://www.mommysfavorites.com/products/Clean_Shopper.html

DAKnits
04-29-2006, 12:31 AM
OK, I finally found a picture of the tote bag ... doesn't look like it would fit into any bag except the LE's Triple compartment backpack I just got.

https://www.inventiveparent.com/clean_shopper.htm

I still want a decent cart cover that fit in a medium sized diaper bag (not a disposable plastic one) b/c when I go into a restaurant, I lug the bulky shopping cart cover (I use it in the highchair), a toy bag, my diaper bag, AND I am holding my daughter who is already 30 lbs. If anyone finds one, please post!!!