PDA

View Full Version : SH dash or Fleurville tote..do I need both?

Nikki72
04-30-2006, 07:52 AM
I am totally torn between the dash and the tote, I love them both! They seem the same size though so I'm not sure if I'll use both. I'm due in July and even though I have a 13 year old and have done this before, I can't remember for the life of me what I did or didn't need in terms of a diaper bag. Would the Dash and mini tote be more practical? One large and one smaller bag? I am so diaper bag confused!:P Help!

TIA!
Nicole

nfowife
04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Since you are due in July and will have a newborn, I'd get one bag to begin with. The dash is a great choice. Personally I love the look of the sling tote but it is a very heavy bag, plus it is more vertically arranged so you often have to dig for things and it's a black hole (the dash is black inside too, except for the denim, but it's more horizontal so not as much digging). I much prefer the mini tote over the original but it will be too small for you with a newborn. I would start with the dash, and a few months later when you are able to pack a little less, you can get the mini tote. That would be a good mix of bags. Definitely wait on the mini though, they might have different prints by then or you can find one for a nice price on babybags or something! It won't be large enough at the beginning.

Nikki72
04-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks! I'm going to order the dash today!

hudsonam
04-30-2006, 06:57 PM
I agree completely! :)

amiemarie7
05-01-2006, 11:12 AM
hi. i have both right now and i would agree for a newborn the sh dash would be best just because its easy to access. however, after the baby is out of the newborn need a million things phase, you should definately get the fleurville ST. i love everything about it from the color, the shoulder and hand traps, organization, vinyl coating(my dash was the bubblegum and got dirt stains in all 4 corners). it however would be unneeded to have both since they hold similar things. the mini tote is so cute but you have a long way to go before needing one that small and i do think its still a little small but i am a med/heavy packer. good luck with your baby and you will end up changing diaper bags at least 3 times the first year!!!!