PDA

View Full Version : Added some Pics: LL Bean Diaper Bag vs. Little Tripper?

DAKnits
05-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi! I am looking to buy my friend a bag that is similar in size to the Freebie Similac bag she's been carrying around, and have narrowed my choices down to a few bags. The price is right on the LE's LT but the bag is just a little too small (although for the price, it might be worth a try). Then I did a search and found posts about the LL Bean Diaper bag (but I think it was a smaller version, not the one they have now). Is the new bag much bigger than it used to be? How does it compare in size and organization to the LE's LT?

I also think the LB Darling is the right size, but very pricey and not what I was looking to spend. I also found the I'm Still Me Wellies So Big, but also very pricey, and I found posts on how disappointed some people were at what it could hold considering its size.

Anyone have the new LL Bean or anyone see it IRL who can compare its size to the LT?

Any coupons for LL Bean, BTW?

EDITED TO ADD PICS: I mainly attached pictures of the LE LT. There are three pics of all the items that were put in the LL Bean bag, minus a sippy cup and my phone which was packed in the LL Bean. In the comparison photo, the items on the table couldn't fit in the LE LT but fit in the LL Bean bag. The LE LT was STUFFED to the brim with the stuff I had in there as you can see. Please excuse the table pad on the coffee table -- we are child proofed!

sarahbrown29
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I can't help you with any of the bags but there is free shipping from LL Bean ... www.llbean.com
Free shipping code 2301100 expires?

HTH!

Niki_n_Abby
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Having had both the LT and the LLBean bag, I definitely recommend the LLBean(diaper bag and Large Travel Touring bag are exactly the same). I MUCH prefer my LLBean to the LT. Much better organization, useful parent pocket, holds more and is quite stuffable but isn't huge for just a quick trip either.

The LLBean is actually my favorite bag of all the bags I've had.

Niki

DAKnits
05-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the code and for the advice! My mom said she'd get this one for me, so I'm so tempted to have her get the LL Bean, and order the $20 LE LT and have them both! The LT could not be my everyday bag for sure -- I carry too much stuff! Thanks again!

bubbaray
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Hmm, I have them both and MUCH prefer the LT (in fact I have 2, one in black and one in pink). It really depends on the age of your child I think. I used the LT when DD was a newborn (EBFd, so not much to carry, plus we didn't go out a lot except for short trips & I kept extras of everything in the car). Then, I needed a larger bag. After about 12m or so, the LT worked again for us. Now, it really is my "go to" bag.

The LL Bean bag sits unused. I only used it a couple of times. I almost sold it on the BabyBags group, but DH claimed he "needed" it. He's only used it a couple of times since, when he was going to visit friends/relatives for a few hours and I pack the "farm" in the bag for him.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

DAKnits
05-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Do you happen to have a picture of your LT in pink? Is it a maroon or hot pink? Does it have a purply color in it?

amp
05-04-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't prefer either of them, but to me, they are different bags. The LT is smaller, and less luggage-like, IMO, than the LL Bean. I feel like I'm carrying a suitcase with my LL Bean, but right now the LT won't work for me, with two kids in dipes, one drinking bottles and the other eating snacks and both needing toys. I long for the days when I could use the LT, or better yet, my Skip Hop!

nfowife
05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
It's a hot pink color. You can see a pic of the color on the LE website by clicking on it, they show the bag in that color.

bubbaray
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Mine is definitely NOT hot pink (fuschia), but more of a light/pastel pink. The color on the website is/was "dusk rose", but I don't think it is a rose color at all, definitely pastel pink (I have it in the DIA too).

It looks like the LE LT isn't availabe anymore or right now in that color. The claret color isn't really pink at all, more like a very very deep plum.

Here is a picture of the pink beside the LE backpack in red.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33294.jpg

DAKnits
05-05-2006, 12:07 PM
I really like the dusk rose color, I wish they still offered it. The claret color doesn't really appeal to me. I really like the green, so I am looking forward to getting it! I also just got the Land's End Triple Compartment in black, but I really love the red color you have!

Thanks so much for the pictures!

tg_canada
05-05-2006, 12:58 PM
>it. The claret color doesn't really appeal to me.

What I don't get is why they just don't call it "bugundy" since that's what it is. The colour swatch on their site for claret used to look more like an eggplant colour. So I ordered a bag in that colour and when I got it, it was plain jane, boring, ugly burgundy! Can you tell I hate burgundy? :)

meghna88
11-22-2006, 02:13 PM
can you still buy LL Bean diaper bags? if so, where?

Momof3Labs
11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, at llbean.com (the large is the diaper bag size):

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=35996&sc1=Search&feat=sr