PDA

View Full Version : Expressive toys is still out of stock? Does anyone know when orders will be shipped?

Jacksmommy2b
05-01-2006, 09:24 AM
I ordered a Silver Line Fling from expressive toys on April 22nd.

I remembered reading that some shipments were delayed but the website said that all Silver Line Fling orders were shipped mid-April, so I thought there was no problem with supply. After not getting any kind of shippment info I e-mailed Jen who responded with "Silver Line just got their shipment in and are working on filling all the backorders. Shouldn't be long now..." Does anyone know how long I should expect this to take?

I am due any day and would have ordered a different bag/from a different website if I knew I would be waiting on backorders! I didn't get any sort of actual information from Jen so I was hoping someone knew when the bags were being sent.

TIA and beware of ordering from expressive toys!

Dena

sophiesmom
05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm waiting for mine too. I had contacted Jen and she said there was a delay from the company. She's always been prompt with getting back to me, and I've heard nothing but great things about her service from people on this site.

nfowife
05-01-2006, 10:03 AM
It is definietly an issue with silver line, not Jen. On the babybags board (I think that is where I read it) another retailer who also sells silver line shared some info from the company about the delays. They had some quality control issue with the bags and have switched factories and by doing so have had to go through all the red tape to import as if they were starting over (because of the factory switch, they are being treated as a new business again). This has caused a longer delay than expected. I'm sure it won't be much longer and you will love your fling!
You will get a few freebie bags from the hospital and can always use a large bag you have laying around if you don't have it when you need it. Rest assured that at least for the first 1-2 weeks, you won't be going out much except to the peds office! Hopefully it won't be too big of an inconvenience. Jen is a great retailer and I have had nothing but great communication and service from her!

KHF
05-01-2006, 10:34 AM
You're lucky...I've been waiting since March 7th on mine! That being said, Jen has been very nice about getting back to me quickly when I've inquired about wait times. There really isn't anything she can do about it.

I just keep hoping that I will love this bag when I do get it. I already bought another bag while waiting for this one. Had I know how long the wait was going to be, I probably would've never placed the order...but now I feel like I've waited so long...what's a few more weeks?

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

sophiesmom
05-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I ordered mine in March too. I was thinking of ordering a different color elsewhere, but I heard that the side pockets of the new bags may be bigger to fit sippy cups, so I may hold out.

Maromy
05-01-2006, 01:51 PM
I ordered the Swagg from Expressive Toys on April 23rd. I didn't realize it was backordered since it said "shipping mid April". Then I checked on the order status when it didn't show up after a few days.

When I sent an e-mail asking about it, Jen got back to me right away with the exact message, "It shouldn't be long now." Honestly, I would have probably bought it from another source if I had known there was a backorder and it would be a while.

The diaper bags that they give you at the hospital actually aren't too bad, so that should hold you over until you get your order. Good luck!

Amy

amp
05-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Count me as another one anxiously awaiting my bag. I know Jen has no control over it, so I'm not faulting her in the least, but I'd love a straight answer from someone about how much longer I will need to wait!

lvales
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
I think they are backordered in most places due to the problems Silver Line had.

I'm anxiously waiting too - I had my DH order a bag from Jen for Mother's Day! Although technically I can't get it until Mother's Day even if it gets here before then, so it doesn't really matter. :)

carolines mommy
05-02-2006, 12:56 AM
I ordered one from Jen which I'm still waiting on too and one from another retailer who had them in stock, so I can compare the 2 when the "new" ones get here.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

Jacksmommy2b
05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
FWIW - the most recent e-mail in regards to the Silver Line Order
(as of today 5/9 my order is still on hold and my cc has not been charged)

Dena,

SilverLine has gotten their shipment and is in the process of shipping out all their backorders as I write this. I promise it won't be long now.
Sincerely,
Jen D.
[email protected]
www.expressivetoys.com
609-291-9717 phone/fax

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:26 AM
Subject: SIlver Line Fling order #3756

Hi Jen,

The pre-authorization on my credit card is now gone and my order status has been changed to "on hold".

I was wondering if there have been more delays with Silver Line and if you had a concrete timeline on when orders will be shipped.

I am due next week and thinking of maybe canceling the silver Line order and ordering something else.

Please let me know.

TIA,

Dena

amp
05-10-2006, 08:33 AM
I got this same reply more than a week ago and have not gotten anything yet. I keep waiting and waiting and waiting.....

Has anyone gotten theirs recently?

KHF
05-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I haven't heard a peep from anyone in a week or two...Silverline or Jen...and I'm truly starting to lose patience. It has been 9 weeks since I ordered, and now I find myself wondering if I want the bag at all.

Kirsten

juliasmom05
05-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I got the same reply yesterday :-( .

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

KHF
05-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I just went ahead and emailed Jen and cancelled my order for the Fling. I figured 9 weeks was a long enough wait, and during that time I already bought another LeSportsac bag that's working out really well for us.

Of course, now that I've cancelled the order, it will probably arrive...

Kirsten

julieakc
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Too bad Silverline got so backordered. The Fling really is a great bag and Expressive Toys/Jen is a wonderful etailer.

amp
05-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I *finally* got my bag today! I love the look, but it remains to be seen what I can pack in it! Can't wait to try it though!!!

Hopefully the rest of you will start getting yours now too!

juliasmom05
05-12-2006, 12:53 PM
That's great news. Can't wait to get mine.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

MamaKath
05-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Andrea, glad you finally got your bag!! Silverline really had problems with this one. I know Jen is great to deal with and this must be terribly frustrating for her and the other retailers!!! I can't wait to see picks and here some reviews. Their bags look nice, though I am looking for a much smaller bag than you are. ;-)

juliasmom05
05-23-2006, 08:25 AM
I was just curious whether everyone else has gotten their Silver Line's from Expressive Toys. I still haven't gotten mine yet, and was just wondering whether if I need to make another call.

Thanks

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

Maromy
05-23-2006, 09:38 AM
I just received my Silver Line Swagg yesterday, via UPS. It was actually shipped directly from Silver Line, not from Expressive Toys.

I hope you get yours soon, I know it is frustrating to wait so long.

Amy

juliasmom05
05-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks. I'll wait a few more days and hopefully will get it soon. Hope you enjoy it.

Marci

KHF
05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet either. I tried to cancel the order, but Jen said that SilverLine told her that it was already shipped. I guess they must be walking it to my door because I still don't have it and it's been 13 days since I tried to cancel the order. :-\

Kirsten

juliasmom05
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
They must be coming by boat x( .

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

Maromy
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
The packages are coming from Iowa. It looks like mine took 5 days to get from Iowa to Texas. 13 days sounds too long. Maybe you can try to contact Silver Line?

I think I am going to like my Swagg, but it seems like Silver Line has some problems, and their customer service isn't helping matters.

Amy

DAKnits
05-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I just got my Swagg, and my first impression is that it was well worth the wait! I got the black with pink interior and it's soooo cute. I got this to be my "quick, run into a store, go to Mommy and Me Class" bag, and I am sooo pleased with it.

I also have a LE LT -- which admittedly, does fit more, but yet, it doesn't fit enough for me to use it for more than a quick trip bag --so there's no point to trying to shove the LE LT with the extra stuff that doesn't fit in the Swagg. I guess the LE LT will be a better bag for me when I carry around less all the time, and then I can use it for everyday.

The Swagg is so much easier to get at things than the LT, IMO, and soooooo much cuter, and holds the bare necessities -- which is what I really need in a quick trip bag. I haven't played with it yet to see everything that it can hold, but I quickly packed:

In the mommy part (the front section), I put my mini coach wrislet (size of a credit card, just holds money and a few credit cards), my cell phone, and digital camera.

In the middle large section where there are two bottle holders, I put a sippy, a bottle, one snack container, one cloth bib, and one Lil' Milk.

In the back section, I put one diaper, travel size wipes, and diaper cream -- I have to see if I can put my changing pad in there -- I took out the one they include b/c it's bulkier than I need, although it's very nice and a really cute shade of pink.

I put some disposable placemets and a little scissors in a zippered compartment (there are a few of these).

Edited to add: I have downsized what I bring, and now the LE LT IS my everyday bag -- and so is my Overland Donnor! This group has taught me a lot about efficient packing! However, the Swagg is fine for quick errands, class with my daughter, and I even was able to go out to eat after class with what it fits, but I do prefer the Donnor or LE LT for an everyday bag, so I'm not trying so hard to fit things perfectly.

Hope you all end up liking your bags!

ShayleighCarsensMom
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I am calling tomorrow to cancel, it is certainly not worth this wait!

sophiesmom
05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I got mine 2 weeks ago after a 2 month wait. Unfortunately I'm in the minority who didn't like the Fling. It was too small for me and I didn't like the set up of things, and didn't stand up when packed. It is a really nicely made bag though, and the colors were beautiful! (choc/pink). I'm sending it back tomorrow. :-(

ShayleighCarsensMom
05-25-2006, 10:42 AM
That is what I am afraid of, that I waited 2 1/2 months and wont like it....
I guess I could just send it back or refuse it???
Ugh, never thought I would want/not want a bag so bad!

KHF
05-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Update:
Nicole just called me back after about 5 minutes and told me that my bag had NOT been shipped yet, and that they've cancelled the order for me. So I'm not sure where the breakdown occurred...Expressive Toys, SilverLine or what...but it's finally over, and I can get back to enjoying my JuJuBe!
--------------------------
Thanks for the suggestion to contact SilverLine directly. I don't know why I didn't just do that before. I just called them and talked to Nicole. She is going to go through their invoices to see if mine has, in fact, been sent. If it hasn't, she is going to go ahead and cancel it for me. I'm beyond over waiting for this bag, and the JuJuBe All bag is turning out to be "the" bag for me (for now :-) ).

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - 8.22.2005

BeachBum
06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Is there any more info on this situation?
I was not aware of these problems when I ordered my Swagg from Jen on May 16. Although 3 weeks isn't nearly as long as some of you waited, I'm still annoyed.
I feel like I should have been informed that there would be a delay since the confirmation email I got said all orders were shipped w/in 24 hours.
I have been calling and emailing since last week with no reply. Then today I see on the babybags site that she is having email/phone troubles.
Just wondering if anyone here has anymore info on things.
thanks.

juliasmom05
06-07-2006, 03:39 PM
I have not heard back from Jen, but I did finally get ahold of someone at Silverline. Unfortunately, they are still backordered (at least for the fling). The last order they got from their suppliers was not enough to cover all of the backordered bags and so they are waiting for a new shipment again. They told me it would be another week or two. If I were you I would call Silverline directly to get some answers.

Here is their info:

http://www.silverlinebabybags.com/contact.htm

ETA: Just wanted to add that it is only the Black and Navy Flings that are still backordered and that Jen has been extremely helpful in trying to get me my Fling.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

BeachBum
06-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Well the info that I got was it was just the black Swagg that was back ordered and other colors were available. I changed colors...and my bag was supposedly shipped Monday. Hope it's true!

Jo..
07-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Sorry to revive this old topic but I thought I'd let everyone know that it looks like Silver Line is finally caught up. I ordered a black Fling from Expressive Toys and got it in under a week. It's my first diaper bag, so I don't have any basis for comparsion, but it's gorgeous and I love it. Jen from Expressive Toys is also just great with customer service/replying to emails.

cecsheets
08-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I ordered a Fling in splash blue from Expressive Toys OVER FIVE MONTHS ago. I just keep hearing "they should be shipping soon" from Jen. VERY frustrated! This bag had BETTER be worth it! Christine