PDA

View Full Version : gr8x backpack/messenger

patti_b
05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi all,

Glad I found this forum so hopefully I won't add any more to the diaper bag graveyard!

I've been on the hunt for a messenger/backpack diaper bag and ran across the gr8x backpack/messenger at Right Start. I looked it up here but didn't find anything on it. Is anyone familiar with this bag?

It has lots of organization, is roomy and very stylish, especially the Mystique fabric. The backpack straps are padded and seem very comfortable, though I have not tried it on packed.

Since I can't find any feedback on it here, though, I wonder if it's a dud? Am I missing something?

Here is a link showing the bag:

http://www.gr8x.net/interiorpages/signature_range.shtml

Thanks in advance!

Patti

MarieBunny
05-04-2006, 09:03 PM
I own this one! Yep, it seems that not many others do. I found it on Kiwi-Kid.com and I decided to try it since cute backpack bags are hard to find.

I do think is a good deal for the price. It is super roomy. I took it on a plane trip with my toddler and I crammed in a meal for him and everything we needed. I LOVE the insulated Bottle Traveller which hangs on the outside. Perfect for my son's Nubys with milk. I also love the external cell phone holder. It is really lightweight. I don't feel like the bag itself is heavy before I even put my stuff into it. The shoulder straps are padded and comfy.

Now for the things I don't like as much... the magnetic snaps aren't very strong. There is one inside that never stays snapped, 2 on the sides which I don't even use because I usually have too much stuff in my bag and an external one on the flap to keep the bag closed. I have had the external one pop open on occasion if I stuffed my bag too much. If there was a zipper across the top it wouldn't be a big deal but it does not have one, so I have had my bag open up and stuff fall out which is very annoying. It has just average organization inside the bag, 4 large pockets for dipes and whatnot. It has an outside zippered pocket which I use for my wallet, lip gloss, keys and mommy stuff, but I am one who prefers a little more organization like smaller internal pockets to hold stuff. I got the black bag which has black lining and it does have somewhat of a "black hole" effect. No side bottle pockets, which isn't a big deal because of the external bottle holder.

Anyway, I asked for the JuJuBe Packabe for Mother's Day. I missed having a patterned diaper bag and I love the organization of the the JuJuBe. I still plan to try to use the bottle holder and maybe the cell phone holder that came with my GR8X bag with my Packabe.

If you don't get the bag, I still recommend getting the bottle traveller seperately. It is awesome and it even has a little side pocket on it to hold a pacifer for example. Very practical. I think it would attach fine to any bag that had a ring although it is made for the GR8X bag. HTH!

MarieBunny
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I remembered one more thing I don't like about the bag. The changing pad that comes with it is very padded and too bulky IMO. It takes up too much room in the bag. I replaced it with the compact pad from my Little Tripper. That might be a plus for some people who like cushy changing pads but not practical for me.

I know it sounds like I don't like the bag but I really do! Overall, it's a well-made diaper bag with some great features. The material is strong and sturdy, it has good structure, and its not hard to find stuff in the bag. I guess I am just ready to move on. LOL. :)

patti_b
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the info!

I don't like bulky changing pads either. I usually just keep a bunch of the disposable ones in the bag. I went ahead and bought it, just deciding whether to keep it.