PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking GREAT CAR TOYS for 12 m old..

tmarie
05-01-2006, 07:59 PM
...who suddenly despises being confined in the car. She used to be the world's best traveller, but now that she is cruising it is a different story. Any ideas? I've tried all of her favorite CDs. Right now I do not have a mirror or DVD player and am trying to avoid them both. I'd like to keep her rear-facing for a while. She is in the Britex Marathon. For the last six months I've given her noisy rattles, baby key chains, baby phones..., and they've always entertained her. No more....

thanks!
~t

nfowife
05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
My DD also doesn't love the carseat. I find she likes empty water bottles, to have access to her straw cup of water (sometimes I'll put a bib on her because it will drip down her chin). Also board books, and if I'm desperate, my keys (I can detach my car key). I am actually thinking of making her her own set of keys with some extra keys I have. We have the parent's brand keys (that are metal) but she isn't fooled by them! I also find when she gets fussy, if I talk to her and try to cheer her up she gets more pissy. If I don't respond she will usually calm down much more quickly.

Twin Mom
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
The car seat dashboard was one of our car toys. We hung these on the seat in front of my twins and we could activite the remote or let them play with it and do it themselves when they got older. We had one in each car. It definitely made the car rides more pleasant. Here is a link to the toy on ebay (not my auction) each one should have it's own remote but they must have lost one.

http://tinyurl.com/h9wb5

HTH.

tmarie
05-02-2006, 09:55 PM
That's funny because I've been eyeing those Parent's brand keys wondering if they'd fool my dd...sounds like I would be best to come up with a psuedo pair as well. I always try to talk her out of it too...I'll give the no response a try!

Thanks so much!

DAKnits
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Try the Parent's Magazine cell phone -- there were a few weeks my DD wouldn't get in the car unless I showed it to her first!

lvales
05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
The Parent's Magazine Ipod. DD loves it. Also board books (I have a set of 6 Disney Princess books so if she throws one down I reach back and hand her another).

pampamz
05-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I took a stack of those cheapo key chain photo holders (got them free at a bad Walmart photo shoot), put a bunch of our family pics in them and made a big jingly mess of pictures and a couple Bear Bells. Keeps DD (9mo) occupied for a while sorting through it and looking at pics of her favorite people.
I also sometimes throw on an CD audio book for DS 3.5 over the stereo and she seems to like to listen to it playing too...