PDA

View Full Version : Help - I want the Be Small, but the Swagg looks like a better option

hudsonam
05-02-2006, 08:00 AM
But I don't love the look of the Swagg. I love the look of the Be Small, and right now I don't think it would bother me that the strap doesn't adjust to be worn messenger style or convert to a backpack, but my son has just started walking and we still don't really take him out of the stroller or shopping cart when we're out. I imagine as he gets older, we'll have to chase him around more as he gets to walk around more. Then the Be Small would be a pain. I can't decide. Any thoughts? Anything else in that size range that I should be considering? Or should I just get the Be Small and enjoy it while I can?

nfowife
05-02-2006, 09:36 AM
The Little Tripper is a little larger, but still a pretty small bag overall. It is super functional and an awesome price! If you don't have one, get one. Seriously!! It is a fabulous all-around bag. I really want to try the be small, but I know for me I cannot carry it on my shoulder hanging long. It would drive me nuts! So, I am going to wait until the fall to try it, they say they will be adding an adjustable strap to it by then. I prefer tote style or messenger style for sure. I love my swagg, but wish it didn't have the flap- I'd prefer a zip top on it. Do you like tote style bags? How about the fleurville mini tote or the timbuk 2 metro mini (you can find them NWT for under $30 on ebay).

hudsonam
05-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Thanks Margaret! I should just try the LT. The flap on the Swagg would probably bug me too. I have been loving the chocolate/blue Be Small combo, and I can get a deal on it, so I immediately started drooling, and I'm still longing for it (LOL), but I don't know how wise a purchase it would be.

I actually love the new Ogo Mini Tote, but I would need to find one in EUC because of the price. I have also been toying with the idea of getting the brown/blue combo on the Timbuk2 Cargo Tote that's on sale at Sierra Trading Post. They only have the medium left, which looks like a pretty good sized bag, but would probably work for me. I had an Escape Pod and it was too small - I either need to pack a bag, or I don't bring one at all. A couple diapers and some wipes wasn't really doing it for me. ;)

Darn the Be Small for not having an adjustable strap! Thanks again for the suggestions!