PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried any of the BRU copycat bags?

hudsonam
05-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I was just noticing that BRU carries a lot of cuter bags these days that strongly resemble some designer bags. I saw a backpack that looked like the JJB Packabe, and another bag that looked kind of like the Oi Oi messenger or a Caden Lane bag. Lots of cute ones. I wonder if I oughta use BRU as my outlet for diaper bags since they're cheap! ;) Has anyone tried any of these? What did you think?

suzhatch1
05-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I've seen some of the Oi Oi messenger & Caden Lane bags, but haven't tried those.

I did buy a Koala Kids (BRU brand) PPB brocade boxy backpack knock off and was actually quite impressed. It ranked up there pretty darn high next to my actual PPB boxy backpack. I liked the BRU knock-off better than my old Kecci because the BRU version was a tad bigger, had nicer hardware (the swivel metal hardware, not plastic), plus the brocade felt softer. The BRU version also had a plus over the PPB in that it doesn't have all the velcro like the PPB, it actually had a hidden magnetic button under the messenger flap. Granted, it wasn't the strongest magnetic & quite frequently it wouldn't hold closed, but I still liked it better than battling all that velcro on the PPB.

I used my Koala Kids PPB knock-off for several months & the brocade held up really well. I ended up selling it to a friend and she loves it. I even had a friend register for one as a baby shower gift and I gave it to her. She said she liked the looks of it better than the Kecci (which I agree) and the price made her not so fearful of actually *using* it!!

Suz :)