PDA

View Full Version : Best Diaper Bag for 2 kids???

JeannieMN
05-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi!

I'm expecting number 2 at the end of June and of course, looking for another diaper bag. My son will be 22 months.

Any suggestions on a great bag for 2 kids??

THANKS!

chubbycheeks
05-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Mine are about the same age apart, and I have had great luck with the Dash and now the Darling that number two is older. What do you normally pack. . . seperate purse or just use the diaper bag. . CDs or sposies. . . Bf or FF.. I may be able to better help you with some more info!

dhano923
05-05-2006, 04:31 PM
My kiddos are 25 months apart and I use an OiOi messenger bag for most trips, and a Skip Hop Duo for quick errands. I love the room and pockets in the OiOi, and I get so many compliments on it (I use the Black and White Floral print with the red interior and trim).

DAKnits
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
How heavy a packer are you? I bring a TON for my 21 month old -- I need to entertain her at all times! I would get a backpack style so I had hands free for the baby. I just got the Silver Line Convertible bag which is huge and could easily fit enough for two. I also just got the Land's End Triple Compartment bag, and I would probably use that for when I have two b/c it's really good for dividing stuff and keeping it separate.

JeannieMN
05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
I usually pack pretty light for my 20 month old.....a sippy, some diapers and wipes, snacks and a bib. I don't carry a purse, I just throw my wallet in my diaper bag (I'm using a Bumble Bag now....but with 2 kids, I would hate to bang it up!) And I probably will FF.

Thanks for your input!!

tmrbwilson1998
05-05-2006, 07:33 PM
It sounds like you may need to up-size to a big bag...

For a messenger-style, try the LB Superstar (people say it is lightweight, organized, comfy to wear - pad on the strap, and has great bottle holders - they can fit just about anything!)

For a convertible, try the Posh Baby Ultimate (boxy, but people say it has good organization and it converts to a backpack)

Some also recommend the PPB Boxy Backpack, though some say it is more of a large medium-sized bag, and of course, many are intimidated by the fabric.

Sorry I do not have a lot of experience in this department - still trying to find a *big* bag for my 2. I have tried the boring LE diaper backpack which I loved, and have had the Be All (not big enough for my 2, though I loved it so much) and I loved my LB Darling. I currently use my Packabe and except for the unpadded straps, I really enjoy this bag and it has plenty of room for my needs.

HTH a little!
Tina :)

sbjf
05-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I highly recommend the Vera Bradley Baby Bag. I LOVE mine! It is spacious and cute, and light...I feel like I'm carrying around a blanket. :-)

my3fallkiddos
05-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I have the new Skip Hop Double Duo and it's big enough for 2, 3 or even 4 kids :)

asmith130
05-12-2006, 10:48 AM
If you're interested in a bp option, I really like the organization/space of the Ju-Ju-Be packabe. I found that bps worked really nicely when holding one hand and carrying a car carrier.

I also can pack for 2 in dipes in the LB Darling which is nice because of the stroller straps. I can fit a formula dispenser, snacks, 4 dipes, wipes, some toys, burp cloth, small wristlet, phone, etc. The bottle pockets are nice - one for a sippy and one for a bottle - all types of bottles/sippies fit. But I'm not one to carry around a blanket, extra clothing, etc. so if you carry all that, the Darling might be too small. The packabe definitely holds more.

Have fun shopping!

bailey2bradenc
05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I second the vote for the new Skip Hop Duo Double. I have 2 kids, one is 17 mo. and one is 4. I carry more things now than I ever have. I have kind of wanted to downsize, but it never happens!!! We are on the go a lot, and with 2, it just takes a pretty good size bag to bring it all!

I got my Duo Double yesterday, and I Love it!!! There are so many pockets, and ways to pack it. I got the black, and now I am trying to justify how I can get the Uptown Stripe when it comes out at the end of the month. It looks so pretty. I had a hard time deciding which color. I know, 2 bags of the same? How crazy is this? Once you find a great bag, it is nice to have color options!!!

Good luck,
Brenda