PDA

View Full Version : I have a diaper bag emergency (at least it feels like one...)

Marriedladytara
05-06-2006, 09:14 PM
I was LOVING my Skip Hop Dash. It was awesome on my Snug Rider frame. It was the perfect diaper bag for me. The right size, the right shape, perfect. Then today we bought a real stroller - a Valco Runabout. My son is only three months old and doesn't weigh a whole lot. When I put the Dash on the handles, it made the stroller too tippy. I'm afraid to keep it there. But now what do I do? I don't want to have to replace the bag, but I don't want my son to tip over, either. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhano923
05-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Wow, I'm curious what you have packed to tip over a 25 lb stroller! I'm a pretty heavy packer and I haven't had any problems with any of my strollers tipping (Flyer, Valco Twin, PP Milano) and the Flyer weighs less than the Valco single. I use an OiOi messenger and a Skip Hop Duo as my main bags.

If you're a heavy packer, maybe you can put some of the larger items in the stroller basket instead?

Marriedladytara
05-07-2006, 08:25 AM
My bag is not very heavily packed at all! Maybe because my son is so small? The stroller seems back heavy to begin with when fully reclined. I'm not sure what to do!

nfowife
05-07-2006, 09:34 AM
The dash should fit in the basket pretty easily, if I am remembering the valco basket from when I had a runabout and a dash. The dash is actually pretty lightweight so I don't know that you will find another stroller bag you can pack with the same amount that will weigh less. I'd put it in the stroller until your son is sitting up a little more. Get something like a Bob console to put your drinks and cellphone in on the handlebar so your necessities are within reach and keep the other stuff in the basket.

Marriedladytara
05-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Will the Bob Console fit on this stroller? It looks kinda cool!

nfowife
05-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Yes the bob fits fine on the runabout.

winterbaby
05-14-2006, 06:00 PM
sometimes my skip hop will make my MBUS tippy so I put my water bottle in the cup holder (I have a cheap-o one from BRU) and then put the skip hop in the basket.