PDA

View Full Version : What's similar to the Lexie Barnes Superstar?

geochick
05-07-2006, 11:22 AM
I am looking for a diaper bag for two kids. I'll have a newborn and a 2 year old next month. I currently use the LE Little Tripper, but it won't be big enough for two since I stuff it when I go out with just my two year old.

I think the LB Superstar will be just the right size. The new colors are really cute and the organization looks great. What else, in that size, should I look at before ordering the LB bag?

I was initially thinking about going with a backpack style bag (so my hands will be free), but I think if I ever go out alone, I don't want to have to switch all of my stuff out of a college-student-looking backpack first. Is the messenger style the next best option?

Anything else I'm missing? Thanks.

nfowife
05-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I think the fleurville mothership is similar, as is the timi and leslie large bebe. And one good thing about the large bebe is that it has backpack straps so you can wear it both ways :) . There's also the silverline convertible backpack as well, that is both a messenger and a backpack.

tmrbwilson1998
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
The SS is supposed to be a *big* bag, and is so lightweight, according to other Moms around here (I have a Darling, which I have loved). I just got a Posh Baby Ultimate, which in the entire 24 hours I have had it I have discovered is a great bag, though also big! Here are some convertible options:

-PPB Boxy Backpack
-Kecci Shanghai Mommy Bag (though not as big as the SS)
-Posh Baby Ultimate (I would check the Yahoo babybags group to get a gently used one for cheaper)
-FV A7 (discontinued last year, but you can get a gently used one on babybags)

I may be mistaken, but I do not *believe* the Timi & Leslie Large Bebe is a convertible, unless this is a new feature (I know mine from last year was not, and I do not see this as a feature on a couple of different websites now). It is, however, a much-loved bag around here, and so pretty!

HTH a little!
Tina

bigheadmac
05-07-2006, 04:42 PM
What about the new Skip Hop duo double.This bag is huge and clips on a double stroller. You can fit everything and the kitchen sink, wear is as a tote or a messenger.
Thanks,
Tammy
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tammytomasiellosretailgear/