PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 Marina Handbag?

nupe
05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Does anyone have this bag? It is $30 now at Sierra Trading Post. How do you like it? Do you use it as a diaper bag? How does the outside hold up--if you have a lighter color? I think the missing component is the changing pad, but I can also "borrow" one from another one of my bags.

I am trying to decide between this one and the Chelsey Henry weekender on sale at overstock for $50. The downside on this bag is that it is only available in black, and it costs a bit more. However, it will be a good travel diaper bag with compartments, top zip, etc.

Marina Handbag: size: 15 1/2x11 1/2 x 4
wt: 1 lb 6 oz
CH Weekender: size: 12x 16 1/2 x 5
wt: ?

THanks, Nupe

ckleist
05-10-2006, 01:13 PM
there really isn't much organization to this bag at all. I saw one IRL and wasn't impressed with it at all, I think you'd be much happier w/ the Chelsey henry because it has better organization/compartments. Also, the timbuk2 is a relatively stiff material, similar to a luggage type material and I wasn't crazy about the handles either, they didn't sit right on my shoulder.

My vote is for the Chelsey Henry, from what I've read, other posters seem to be very happy with it.

nupe
05-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Thanks, that information about the timbuk2 is helpful. I ordered the CH Weekender.

Nupe