PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Mini-tote vs. Ju-Ju-Be Smart

MegND95
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I am debating between getting these two bags and am looking for some input about which of these would be the better option. I have three kids, only one in diapers. Currently, I use a LT that meets my needs, but I want something a little jazzier, and similar in size.

A parent pocket is important, as is the ability to sling the bag over my P3's handles.

Any input would be terrific! Thanks!

nfowife
05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi, I have both the LT and the MT. I would say the MT is a bit smaller/less packable than the LT. It is a bit deeper and also the bottle pockets on the side make it more stuffable because the MT doesn't have that, so if you need to carry a sippy (I always do), you have to take that into account. However, the MT is just enough space for me and I am a light packer. Here is a link to some pics I took of my MT and I think I have some comparing the LE LT and the MT together.
I really like my MT and I really like my LT. They are both great bags! I attach the mini tote to my stroller by using carabiner clips on the side D-rings (I didn't opt for the extra $$ to get the fleurville ones). I have a single-bar peg stroller but I believe the P3 has those little plastic loops on the handles, right? If so you can just use the carabiners and attache it that way, it's super easy. From the research I did, the size of the be smart is a little larger and more comparable to the full size sling tote, but I could be wrong about that. HTH!
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/mini%20tote/
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/mini%20tote%20vs%20LE%20LT/

MegND95
05-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the info! The pictures were great. I am still torn. Seems the dimensions of the MT and the Be Smart are in between those of the LT. ARGH!

I am at a point where I would like to start using smaller bags, since most days I don't need a huge amount of space. Typically, my two year old and I are out and about while the others are in school. But there are times when I do run to the store with all three in tow, and I need a bit more room. And I hate to change from bag to bag. I want to have one and use it all the time.

How does the Parent Pocket on the MT compare to that on the LT?

So, you seem much more "in the know" on this topic than me. What would you do?

I feel silly spending so much energy on this decision, but this is am item I will use all the time, so I want to make the right choice!

Thank you...

nfowife
05-12-2006, 11:55 AM
The parent pocket on the LT is much more accessible because it zips all the way open. The MT one is only accessible from the top, but it is a little nicer because of the fleece-lined pockets.
Personally, I think you might be happier with the Be Smart, because I think the mini tote might be a little small for you, especially with all 3 kids. I am a light packer and mine is pretty much full most of the time, especially with a sippy cup in it. The Be smart seems similar in size to the LT, it is a smidge taller, but that's because it is exclusively a tote bag.

MegND95
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much! I appreciate the input.

swampus
10-27-2006, 09:54 PM
I found this thread while searching for a new diaper bag I'm looking for... one question about the MT-- the site says that if you want to use it messenger-style (I definitely do), that the sling strap things slide out of the way... ? I don't want the bag to look hokey after spending so much money on it.

nfowife
10-27-2006, 11:02 PM
If you get the adjustable messenger strap, then you tuck the tote straps into the outside pockets on each side so they don't show. If you want to carry it exclusively as a messenger bag, I don't think I'd go with this bag to begin with though, because to me the shape of it is more of a tote style, but if you are tall it might work better I guess, I'm a shorty and as a messenger I don't think I would like it. I only use it tote style. For messenger style wearing I use my little tripper.

swampus
10-28-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm 5'10... I currently carry a blue camo duo-- which I have loved for a whole year.and.a.half! Incredible, I know. ;) But I'm just tired of the sporty-casual look. I really want something dressier.

I like the messenger style, because I've got two toddlers, basically-- and I need my hands free in parking lots, etc.

I'm totally open to suggestions, though, I think I'd be willing to spend up to $150 for it (it's my bday gift from dh!).

I wish that the LT was a little dressier--I'd snap it up in a heartbeat!

nfowife
10-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, if you have and love your duo messenger style, then the mini tote will probably be fine for you messenger style, actually. I find the duo to be too long for me to carry messenger style, and prefer the dash. Another bag that is larger than the MT is the oi oi hobo which I really love (just ordered another one for when I have 2 babies to pack for). It is not as structured but much lighter in weight than the fleurville. It has one strap that can be shortened for tote style or lengthened for messenger carry and is very packabel, much more so than the duo or mini tote. Another messenger bag that is on the nice side is the lexie barnes darling, she has some new prints coming out in November as well.

swampus
10-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll have to check out the lexie barnes bag-- the oi oi hobo is too big for what I want... I definitely don't want to go bigger than the Duo, which is why the MT is more what I want versus the ST.

Thanks for all your ideas and input--I'm such a researcher when it comes to baby gear! :P