PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Bumble Bag Jessica?

tina-t
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
If you have one, can you tell me what you like and don't like about it? Does it have a light colored interior? Thanks!!

Marriedladytara
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I have one - in Blue Latte. The interior is brown. I think the bag is really pretty, but I don't use it. I did for about a month after my son was born, and then I retired it. It is pretty big, but doesn't hold much at all. I'm not sure if it is because it's not structured enough or if there is some other reason. It's too bad because I love the way it looks. Now I use it as an extra bag to stuff a few things in when we travel!

I do love my Skip Hop Dash. Pretty it's not, but it's a fantastic bag!

DAKnits
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I responded to you on the BabyBags Board ... email me with any questions -- feel free to ask away!!!

winterbaby
05-14-2006, 05:57 PM
They carry them at Marshalls (for $59!!) and I wanted to like it...great price and pretty print...but it just didn't do it for me. I like a bag with more organization and it seemed lacking compared to my skip hop and clutterbag. If you have a marshalls near you maybe you can check it out in person to see if it works for you?

DAKnits
05-14-2006, 07:30 PM
I posted pics of it packed in the BabyBags photo section! Take a look...

tina-t
05-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi, thanks for the pics! It is very helpful.

amiemarie7
05-24-2006, 10:57 PM
hi. i have a bumble bag in the olive stripe. i looked at the new colors and just didnt fall in love with any of them as i had with olive stripe so i ended up asking a online store to discount it and she gave it to me for $86 shipping included. heres what i think-
the changing area in the front is nice as it separates all your diaper things and doesnt use interior space. nice organization as the pockets are perfect for diapers and wipes. inside there are 2 more pockets the same size-each half the length of the bag. i think the size is great as they can even fit a sippy. now those are the only pockets inside. there are 2 other pockets the same size on the outside back. in total you get 6 large pockets. its really a personal preference issue. i tried out the kimberly and they had no back outer pockets but rather 4 interior pockets-still total of 6. at first i wasnt sure, but now i like the jessicas setup. because the pockets are on the outside, i have more room inside. its also nice to have them for those things i need in a hurry. there are also 2 more exterior pockets on each side end of the bag. one for a sippy(which can fit a playtex insulator 9oz cup but not much wider) and a pocket for a cell phone which is really too small for anything else. now, some people are really into pockets. matter how many pockets you have the same amount will fit. example, if the bag is 4 inch wide, and you fill 4 interior pockets you will have no room left in the center compartment. if you only have 2 interior pockets you will have room in the center. get what i mean. the thing i found helpful is i bought these little mesh zipper pouches that were less than $5 each. i am going to put in the smaller items like bandaids and q tips in one, and sunscreen and a brush in the other. then they will go in the center compartment or in a pocket depending on how i pack. that way im getting more organization.
also with this bag, im not sure how comfy the backpack is as i never use it that way. the shoulder strap is adjustable. i feel the snap pulling when i have the bag overpacked where i worry it will eventually wear thru the material so i dont snap it if its really packed. no big deal as all stays closed. the bag has a nice feel to the material, hard to explain, very soft. and finally, this is a floppy bag which some like others hate. i love it. when its less filled it flops around and isnt stiff. i had a skip hop dash which was the complete opposite and i hated how when it wasnt filled, it still looked and felt filled. this bag can go from light pack to heavy pack and look good. the only other thing to say is i fell this bag can hold alot. its only a medium sized bag but i can really pack it and since its floppy, i can just lay the flap across. with my skip hop, if i overpacked the top, i couldnt get the flap down and it looked stupid. sorry so long but wanted to be specific. please let me know if you need more info. its a great bag!!!