PDA

View Full Version : Overland Equipment Donner--color question

miki
05-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I think it's time for a bag smaller than my Skip Hop since DD is getting older. I'm looking at the Donner but there are no stores near me that sell it. I'm interested in the green Avocado and the blue Tahoe because they have the cute pattern inside. I'm just wondering if the colors IRL look close to what they look like on Overland's website. To me neither color looks very bright, the green looks decidedly on the olive side, and the blue looks a little teal, not a true blue. And is the main compartment lined in the constrasting fabric? TIA

gcampbell72
05-23-2006, 12:56 AM
I remember seeing both of these colors at REI. Based on what I remember, the pictures on the Overland site look VERY close to what they looked like in real life.

REI also had another print one - a black one with a daisy pattern inside. This one is not shown on the Overland site, but you can view it at: http://www.rei.com (search for "Donner")

I think the contrasting patterns are only on the side water bottle pockets and in the front organizer pockets (i.e., NOT in the main compartments). I would recommend that you give the folks at Overland a call and ask them about this. I talked to them before I ordered my Trinidad bag, and they were very helpful.

By the way, I noticed that the Donner is 10% off at ebags.com + free shipping!

Cathy