PDA

View Full Version : Five emails to Silver Line and no response?

DAKnits
05-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I have written Silver Line five times and have gotten no reponse to any of the five emails ... is anyone getting a response from them?

Edited to add: They sent me a very nice apology email, and they were very responsive and detailed in their response. It is very obvious they actually care what the cusomters think. I really like my convertible backpack, although I'm not sure I *need* it with my current stash, and LOVE the look of the Swagg and am excited to get mine, so I'll post when I get it with a full review!

amp
05-12-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't know, but I just got my bag from Silver Line. Perhaps they are super busy dropshipping all those bags from all the retailers that had bags backordered?

lwcain
05-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Andrea,

How do you like your Silver Line bag? Which one did you get? I am expecting my first baby this summer, and am considering the Fling. I am not really a messenger girl, but I do like the idea of the stroller attachment, lighter weight, organization, stuffability, and price point.

I am also considering splurging on the Kate Spade Aubrey bag. I really like the tote, classic style, and the fact that it will have a "life" beyond baby.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Lesley

amp
05-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I got the Fling. I *want* to love the bag! Really I do! I love the color! Love the microfiber! Love a messenger style, even though I rarely actually carry messenger style. But, I have only packed and used it for one day, and my initial assessment is that it fits no more than my Skip Hop (I was hoping for a bit more depth, front to back to pack in), and I also find so many of the pockets to be of unusable size. It also keeps tipping over on me, which drives me batty. And the top/back is caving in a bit, so it doesn't look as sleek as I'd like. I guess It's probably the way I have it packed, but it drives me nuts that it's not a smoother line at the top. All of that is frustrating to me! So, I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not. I'm trying to love it, but am afraid it's redundant to since I already have a SH!

lwcain
05-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Andrea. That really helps a lot, especially your insights about the pockets and the tipping factor.

I'm wondering if I might be happier with a structured tote??? Still, I find myself drawn toward the hands-free, stroller attachment features of the messenger bags. It's tough to tell because I've only seen/heard of Silver Line online. I have yet to see a bag IRL.

Do you mainly keep your SH attached to your stroller? Or do you often wear it messenger style?

LiznSeb
05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Just getting back to the email issue, I emailed them a couple of times about the Swagg and never received a response either...Eventually I was helped here at Baby Bargains.

Liz

DAKnits
05-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Something doesn't seem right to me -- I emailed them two more times since this post just asking them to please respond, and I left a voice mail on their machine, and still nothing ... if nothing else, it's the worst customer service I've ever received from any company!

lmwbasye
05-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm pretty sure someone on babybag swap group said they took the week off to send out their new bags since so many people ordered the backordered bags.

Laura :)

DAKnits
05-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I hope that's the case. I think it would have been good if they left a message that they were off for the week filling on their answering machine and had an automated email response if they're not going to respond. But I have been emailing for the last two weeks, so I'm not convinced that's reason. Oh well, I hope to see a postitive response soon!

amp
05-14-2006, 03:17 PM
With my SH, I do both. You have to detach the messenger strap to hook it to a stroller or cart, so that's what I do, and then I just carry it otherwise. The beauty of the Fling was that you wouldn't have to detach, but I hooked it on my stroller today and the zoo and it was a PITB to attach because these attaching straps are inside the bag, making it hard to clip it with your nonproficient hand!

sophiesmom
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I finally recieved my Fling after a 2 month wait.. Bad thing is I actually don't like it. :-(
Someone else had posted recently it kind of caves in when packs and falls over, and mine did. . Also it's too deep for me, and i think I would probably prefer lots of big inner pockets like the dash. I also thought it was kind of heavy packed. ???? and i really didn't have that much packed in it!

Soooo. now I'm back to square one... I have a knockoff Dash from Target that I actually like packed better than the Fling, only problem is it's a tad bit too small. I'm wondering if the Dash would work for me, or if I really need to do something bigger for now until DS is bigger and out of diapers/potty training.

I was thinking of a Clutterbag too, I'm so unorganized I really need inner pockets and she makes her bags w/ a lot. The superstars and ju ju be's are a bit too pricey for me.

Now to figure out how to return it with no order form in the box!

DAKnits
05-15-2006, 06:53 PM
I finally got a response from them today that there were out for the week filling orders. I suggested that they put an automated response on their email so that people would know why they haven't responded.

I am supposed to receive a Swagg from ShowerYourBaby.com, so I hope I like it!

KHF
05-16-2006, 07:44 AM
I found out that it was too late to cancel my order because SilverLine said it had already shipped. So now I'm just waiting for it to show up. I'm thinking I will probably return it though. I got a Ju-Ju-Be All on swap for just $60 and it looks like it might be what I was looking for. There aren't any stroller attachments, but that's fine with me. The interior organization is great on it and it's big enough for me to use as an everyday bag for Laurel (I'm a heavy packer).

So maybe keep an eye on the babybags swap, and you might be able to find a good deal on one of the more expensive bags.

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

sophiesmom
05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Did you get yours from Expressive Toys? I have to email her as to how to return it, since there was no form in the box. I'm bummed I don't like it. It is a nicely made bag, and I love the chocolate and pink on it and looks treat w/ my JCole pac pod that is brown/pink. :-(

I might try a Dash. I like the knockoff one i have but the tags are still on it, and I'm not sure of the dimensions compared to the real one. When I packed it i had some spare room, but for an all day trip not sure if would be enough. The real Dashes have more interior pockets which i think I would like.

I will keep an eye on the swap board. However, I don't quite understand how it all works. Do you just keep checking the message board, and then email the person selling it? I do like the JuJuBes.

Thanks!

KHF
05-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Yes, I did go through Expressive Toys. I emailed with Jen some yesterday, she said that I will need an RA# from them (email her to get that) and then send the bag back to:

Expressivetoys.com
RA# {- Enter your number here -}
PO Box 304
Crosswicks, NJ 08515

She said that it was fine if it was opened (I want to open it up and take a look before committing to returning it.), but the tags and everything still need to be on it. That way you will get a full refund (less shipping costs, I believe).

The Be All was my first purchase off the Yahoo Babybags group. I had just kept an eye out for someone selling one at a decent price and emailed her about it. You can also post an ISO (in search of) if you are looking for something in particular. I think there is someone selling a Be All in the Perky Perennials pattern right now.

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

Maromy
05-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope this means I will get my Swagg soon! Sorry you don't like the Fling. I know I will be dissapointed if I don't like my bag after waiting so long.

I would e-mail Jen at expressivetoys about the return. She is good about returning her e-mails quickly.

Amy

lvales
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
I got my Swagg yesterday afternoon - no order form in the box but I packed it up and I think I'm going to love it for quick trips!! It is SO much lighter than my T&L Large Bebe! :)

I"m thinking I need a better snack holder than a plastic baggie though, and I want a small wristlet for the front mommy pocket.

LiznSeb
05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I have a T& L large bebe too! I love it, and always get compliments on it. HOWEVER, it is too big, and bulky (IMO) for use as an everyday bag, especially now that DD is 15 months & DS is 4. I think I am going to go for the Swagg too, it looks so cute!

Liz