PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Small Bag w/insulated compartment

JustMare
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm feeling the need to downgrade from a full diaper bag to a small bag to carry diapers/wipes/toys/snacks and a sippy cup. I need to have an insulated compartment, I hate carrying a separate tote just for milk.

This is a HUGE step for me, as I haven't carried a handbag in TWO years! I'm excited, yet very overwhelmed on how to manage this. I feel the need to "always be prepared" but really don't need as much stuff as I tend to carry (why on earth do I still carry Infant Tylenol all the time?). Mostly, I need items to keep DS occupied in restaurants (matchbox cars, crayons, paper, snacks,). Eliminating the cooler bag would be wonderful!

Anyone know where I can find a small toddler sized bag that has an insulated compartment for 1 sippy of milk (gerber 10oz size)?

I truly appreciate your help!

Mare
T.J. (2/06)

asmith130
05-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure this would meet your criteria, but how about a sling tote or the new mini sling tote? Then you can use their insulated bottle holder for the milk...or you can use any bag and get the sippy rocket from Ju-Ju-Be for the milk. Ju-Ju-Be makes the Be Smart which is an attractive tote style bag - looks more like a purse than a diaper bag but still has wipeable fabric, but you'd have to get the sippy rocket separately.

Have fun shopping! Amy

nfowife
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Well, if you can't find one, another option is the munchkin cupsicle cup. You put it in the freezer and it gets very cold and keeps the milk cold. Also, milk is actually okay for up to 3 hours (safety-wise, I mean). Although that kind of skeeves me out just thought I'd throw it out there! I think the sippy rocket is a great idea for a portable insulated compartment as well. For a great smaller sized bag I have and like my silver line swagg. However I don't think it's insulated but I use the cupsicle for milk.

nfowife
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Well, if you can't find one, another option is the munchkin cupsicle cup. You put it in the freezer and it gets very cold and keeps the milk cold. Also, milk is actually okay for up to 3 hours (safety-wise, I mean). Although that kind of skeeves me out just thought I'd throw it out there! I think the sippy rocket is a great idea for a portable insulated compartment as well. For a great smaller sized bag I have and like my silver line swagg. However I don't think it's insulated but I use the cupsicle for milk.

JustMare
05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
I have the cupsicle and the cup "sweats" as the ice chips melt. I've noticed the new Advent Compact Diaper Bag has an insulated compartment, but can't find it in stores or a detail picture. The new bottles & bottoms bag by childsomething would have been perfect if it had one more section for odds and ends. I need a spot for ziplocks of snacks and a few small toys.

Still searching.....

hudsonam
05-18-2006, 07:48 AM
How about the Ju-Ju-Be Be Small? I have one and really like it, and it sounds like just the size you're looking for.

MamaKath
05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
I was looking at these online the other day. Here is a link:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-9/qid=1147967663/ref=sr_1_9/602-0964042-6294248?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000EWARSO
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EWARSO.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg
HTH~

JustMare
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I was looking at that too, but can't find anymore info on it. I'd like to see what the bag looks like inside. I can only find it online. I think it's so new there are no reviews on it yet either.

Should you get one, I'd love to know what you think of it.

nfowife
05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Here's some more info on the avent bag, looks promising for you!
http://www.avent.com/uk/en/travel_products_compactbag.php

abcekids
05-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I have an Eddie Bauer bag from Target that has an insulated pocket inside that works pretty well. It also has cup holders on both ends outside and a small parent pocket. I think it would be big enough for what you describe. I can't find it online, but it looks a lot like this one only smaller (more square) and without the tote handles http://tinyurl.com/ldavr

JustMare
05-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions

The Avent bag looks like it will only hold a 4oz bottle - I need to carry a 10oz Gerber Sippy cup (the hourglass shaped one) It might not fit in the compartment.

I'm actually trying to work with an Eddie Bauer bag (i've attached a picture that I found on ebay) I bought for my husband as his "daddy diaper bag". I'm using an insulated sleeve that I bought from Walmart for $2 to put over my sippy cup and it's just not staying cold. I need to have something where I can drop an ice pack in or is foil-lined and will keep it cold. My son likes his beverages COLD, or he throws them at me :)

I'm considering a Kapoochi bag, but I need to know if the side bottle pockets would hold my sippy cup. Anyone have or seen a Kapoochi bag?
This is the bag I was thinking about:
http://www.ebags.com/kapoochi/travel_range_diaper_shoulder_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=13194

I really appreciate all your help!

JustMare
05-19-2006, 10:15 AM
So I took the plunge and bought a Kapoochi bag off ebay for $6.99 + shipping. (There's still a few left if anyone's interested) I read the reviews on ebags and everyone seems happy with the layout and organization of the bag plus it has the insulated foil lined pockets (2 of them). I'm hoping this bag will be everything I'm hoping for.

I'll let you all know the results after I receive it.