PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Lexie Barnes Darling to Fleurville Sling Tote

tiapam
05-18-2006, 03:52 PM
I just saw a ST the other day and I thought I liked it. When I checked here, I saw a few complaints about the weight. Is it really that heavy? The one I saw was packed and I don't remember it being so heavy, but then again, I was a little excited about how cute it was. I have also been thinking about a LB Darling, which seems both lighter and smaller, and perhaps less of a bottomless pit???

Anyone care to comment? Especially if you have used both! Thanks.

-Pam

DD - One year old!

pampamz
05-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I SO wanted a ST in Gold Flower but after hearing the complaints about the weight (and it causing shoulder/back pain, even!) I checked it out again with this in mind. In the store, unpacked, it was pretty heavy, to my surprise.
I opted for the mini ST which is P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! I am completely happy with it and have no dreams for a new bag in the immediate future.
No experience w/the Darling -- sorry!

nfowife
05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I would say they both have similar packability. I've owned both but did not use either much before selling them. I am really a tote style girl, and the ST was just so heavy, it really is as heavy as you hear about! It weighs a ton IMO, and hurt my shoulder after not too long. So I got rid of it. The Darling is a great bag, but since I prefer a tote bag and it's more of a messenger, I passed it on as well. However, it's very stuffable, light interior, and wonderful for messenger style carrying. I just felt it looked strange as a tote so that's why I didn't keep it.

jenfed1
05-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I thought the ST was very heavy when packed. The Darling is much lighter and holds the same for me.

I've never seen the Mini ST...but it looks cute