PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Double or LE DIA?

mommy2_1boy
05-19-2006, 01:28 PM
I have 3 kids (a 20 month old and newborn twin girls) and we're headed to Hawaii in 2 months for 2 weeks. My hubby is taking the LE backpack (he didn't want a regular bag for obvious reasons) and I am looking for a good bag for the trip to use as a carry-on as well as around town.

I have heard the new skip hop double is really great. I do have a LB Darling that I love that I was going to pack so I don't really need a bag that hangs on a stroller. That said, the fact that the SH does have the ability to attach to a stroller is nice for the times I don't want to bring the LB (it's a tad small for more than quick day trips).

I know the LE DIA has gotten great reviews and is pretty inexpensive.

In case it makes a difference, we'll be bringing our SNG stroller for the twins and our Mac Volo for our son. We're going on a cruise for a week and then staying in Kauai for another week. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd be up for it too! It has to be a big bag though because it will hold diapers, change of clothing etc... for 3 kids. (Hubby's backpack will carry the toys and snacks).

Thanks!

Kim
DS 9/04
Twin Girls 2/5/06

nfowife
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I think the SH would be a great choice. In fact, I wouldn't bother with that AND the LB AND the LE Backpack. You can always just take the SH or LE for a "quick outing" and do both for an all-day thing. The lighter you can pack all around, the better!

mommy2_1boy
05-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Is it big enough though? I'm just concerned because I know that the other SH's are pretty small. And how does it feel on? Is it heavy once it's filled?

Oh - and how are the colors? They look so drab online - I would probably go with black. But I'd love a pretty one. :)

mommy2_1boy
05-19-2006, 02:32 PM
And one other thing... The SNG I have is a tandem, so it's not a side by side. Would this still attach correctly? Thanks!

Kim

nfowife
05-20-2006, 08:09 AM
The new SH DD is about 18.5" wide, so it's quite a bit wider and larger than the other SH models. I think it would be a good size. The interior has a lot of pockets and it has a zip top (which the other SH don't have). It will attach fine to your SH because of the single handlebar. Maybe you can call around and fine a local retailer in your area to see it? Otherwise I think there are some pics of it on babybags.