PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley Baby Bag

AZMom2Be
05-22-2006, 09:50 PM
I am interested in getting a Vera Bradley Baby Bag, but I'm wondering if the straps will fit over the handles of my Pliko P3.

Is there anyone here who has a Vera Bradley Baby Bag and could let me know if it hangs over stroller handles nicely?

Thanks in advance!

hudsonam
05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure, but I have the Vera Bradley Carry All that I love as a diaper bag, and that fits beautifully over the stroller handles. It has a single, adjustable strap, and it's great. HTH a little!

AZMom2Be
05-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks for your quick response! It seems like a lot of moms like the Carry-All. Do you find that you have enough room to pack everything you need? This will be my first baby, and I don't really know how much space I'll need.

hudsonam
05-23-2006, 09:50 AM
It's definitely a great sized bag, and is really stuffable since it's so soft. I think the Baby Bag is bigger, and in the beginning, you might really be stuffing the Carry All, but I think it would work, and as baby gets a few months older, you'll be glad to have something not so huge, I think. I tend to be an overpacker, and it works for me. I have pictures at home somewhere (I hope I still have them) of my bag fully packed, and all that fits in it, if you want me to post them. It has great side pockets that work well for sippy cups or bottles, really good front pockets where you can put your cell phone, keys, etc, a nice big zipper pocket on the back side that fits a changing pad nicely (it doesn't come with one), and I think four interior pockets. I've managed to fit lots of stuff in mine, and it's such a light weight bag that you don't have a super heavy bag once it's packed. I love mine. :)

AZMom2Be
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd love to see pictures if you have time. Thanks for your help!

AmyZ
05-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Jessica-
I used the Vera Bradley diaper/baby bag for the first year. I always needed the extra room for things like t-shirt for me in case DD spit up. I also am an overpacker and I always needed extra stuff! Once DD turned one, I downsized to the carryall - and it works great! Sorry no help with the pilko!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

mommato2boys
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't have a Pliko but I have a Venzia and it fits over that handle. Fits over my maclaren stroller fine too. I love the vera bradley baby bag. It is big, but I am an overpacker too. I have recently switched to the new skip hop double duo, and love it. But I was using the vera bradley bag and loved it!!

sophiesmom
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I am actually going to get the VB Baby Bag and the Carry All! I plan on using the Carry All when I only have the baby or the 2 older kids, and the bigger one for all 3.

I think with your first, you might like the Baby Bag for now. It has a lot of room and a really nice changing pad that goes on the outside. I like keeping the pad out of the bag, especially if she gets changed on a public changing table. Plus it's a nice size and padded for the baby. There's not many interior pockets, but I plan on using a cosmetic bag for all my little things for the kids (first aid, diaper cream, suncream, etc., and other bags for snacks, etc. I had initially wanted a bag w/ tons of pockets, but by the end of the day I get so unorganized that stuff ends up everywhere anyway! I think I may like having everything in one 'go to' bag inside my bag.

With the carry all I will probably buy a waterproof lap pad and keep that in the outside zipper part. You could use this when the baby is older.

If you end up w/ the baby bag and think it's too big in the long run, VB bags are selling close to retail on ebay!

What pattern are you thinking of?

Good luck!

hudsonam
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
I think the pics I took before are on my old computer. If I can, I'll take more. :)

AZMom2Be
05-24-2006, 11:25 PM
"What pattern are you thinking of?"

I really like the Bermuda Blue. I've been watching ebay, but haven't seen that pattern in a Baby Bag yet.