PDA

View Full Version : OiOi Messenger?

tina-t
05-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I love the floral black and white messenger but have not seen an OiOi messenger in real life. Does anyone have it and loves it? How is the organization inside the bag? How many pockets does it have? Is it easy to wipe clean? Is the strap comfortable and adjustable?

Thanks!

audball
05-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Tina, I had one and sold it to a good friend of mine (the charcoal dot/lime interior). I loved the bag, but others here have had issues with quality. Be aware too that the floral black and white is not the nylon material of some of the other bags - it's more of a treated cotton, so it may show and retain stains a little more.

At the time, the messenger had no feet and the outside bottle pockets had the velcro on the top flap, which used to scratch my hand. I think since then, they have added feet to the messenger, and reversed the velcro. I think the strap still is not adjustable, which could be a factor depending on how you like to wear the bag (shoulder vs. messenger).

Internally, there is one elastic pocket that runs along the rear interior. There are two in the front interior which are suitable for dipes and wipes. Although they are elastic, the pockets are very "loose" - which is great if you hold a lot of stuff, but a little frustrating if you want items to stay out of the way in the main space. There is a key clip in there as well. The accessories are nice - one of the nicest (and cushiest) changing pads I know, along with a removable, insulated bottle holder and a clear, zippered pouch for whatever.

I found the strap comfortable and my bag was easy to take care of, but again, it was the nylon, not the treated cotton. I loved it, just wanted a change of pace! :) HTH!

tina-t
05-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Thank you!!! That helps a lot. I may look for something else; since, I don't treat my bags very well. I need something that is easy to clean.

dhano923
05-28-2006, 02:55 AM
I use the black and white floral messenger as my main diaper bag. I love it! It holds a ton of stuff, and looks great too. ;)

There are feet on the bag (maybe they didn't have it on the oldr models?) but the strap is not adjustable (pretty much my only gripe about it). I'm 5'5" tall and the bag is at my waist/hip level, which is perfect because it's very easy to reach in and grab what I need. There is one large interior pocket, 2 smaller interior pockets, 2 outer bottle pockets, and a flat pocket along the back exterior (where I keep my wallet, phone and keys). I use the inner pockets for diapers, wipes, my digital camera and extra sippy cups/bottles.

I've spot cleaned my bag several times (juice stains, a coffee stain and just everyday dirt) and it's been super easy. I just use a little Palmolive liquid on a damp washcloth, rub in a circular motion, then rinse the washcloth and blot the fabric.

The PP mentioned the fabric is cotton, which it's not -- it's a smooth woven polyester material.

HTH!

tina-t
05-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi, thanks for your input! Is it the Palmolive dishwashing soap that you use?

dhano923
05-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Yep, just the regular green stuff. I get a washcloth wet, squeeze the extra water out, then add a dro of Palmolive to it and work it in a little so it's not in a blob on the cloth. Then rub the stain/dirt, then rinse the cloth and rub/blot again.

I had a customer who washed the Poppy print messenger in her washing machine on delicate and she emailed me to say it came out fine. I personally haven't tried it so I can't vouch for this method.