PDA

View Full Version : Ju-Ju-Be Packabe & Loom Bandicoot

MimiSirois
05-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I purchased the Ju-Je-Be Packabe online and I love it except for the weight. As soon as I took it out of the box, it felt heavier to me than what I was used to. Now that I have used it for a week, I realize that I would like to have something that is similar but lighter. My understanding is that it is 2.2 pounds.

So I saw the Loom Bandicoot online and thought it would meet my needs (can be a backpack, has a mommy section, size, etc.), but when I called the company to find out its weight, the woman who answered said, "I'd say it's about 2 1/2 lbs.)." That was her guesstimate. She didn't know for sure.

Has anyone had these 2 bags and can tell me the weight difference from feel? Or does anyone have a recommendation for something similar?

TIA!
Michele

MarieBunny
05-28-2006, 09:12 PM
I own the Packabe, and at first thought it seemed a little heavy, but I quickly got used to it and its great organization and roomy size has won me over. Plus, it's darn cute!

I have never seen a Bandicoot IRL, but I once owned a Loom Marsupial which I did not like. I could barely fit anything in it and it was not small. I also found the Loom to be not particularly light. I imagine the Bandicoot is made of similar material.

If you are looking for a light bag, the Kecci Shanghai Mommybag is very light. Also Lands End bags are as well.