PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if the Overland Donnor holds more than the Swagg?

DAKnits
05-30-2006, 11:03 PM
My Swagg falls just a drop short of holding what I need in a quick trip bag ... I have two main questions for you gurus...

1. Does the Donner hold more? Anyone have IRL pics of their Donner either packed or empty.

2. I can fit all of the below items in the Little Tripper with some room to spare. In the Donner, can I fit????:

Diapering:
1 size 6 diaper
one ziplock of wipes
small diaper cream
thin changing pad

Food:
one snack container
one Lil' Milk
one bottle
one sippy
one cloth bib
one burp cloth
a few disposable placemats

Toys/Miscellaneous
3 travel size play doughs, 2 crayons,a few sheets of paper
DD's sunglasses
baseball cap
small items: nail clippers, hair brush, tiny scissor
packet of travel sun screen

For me:
Compact
wristlet (inside I have a tiny coach mini wrislet with my most used credit cards, extra contacts and a chapstick)
keys
sunglasses
tiny pouch of coupons/gift cards
digital camera (never want to miss a good picture)
cell phone

leslieu
06-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Not sure if this well help, but REI sells the Donner. It might be worth going to look at IRL.

Leslie

DAKnits
06-07-2006, 07:14 AM
I just got the Overland Donner I ordered from Shoebuy.com, but they send the wrong color (I ordered slate/green and got chocolate/lilac). I may keep it anyway ... but to answer my own question, Yes, it holdsa little more than the Swagg, but less than the LE LT.

I am keeping this bag for sure! I love it! In fact, this is my every day bag now (edited to add that this is NOT my daily bag anymore, since DD refuses to eat most foods, and I have to bring a cooler with me and like to only birng one bag. The Donner is now my quick trip bag and the ST is my every day bag). Everything I list above on my packing list fits in the Donner!

I can fit almost everything in the Donner that I put in my LE LT, minus a sweater that I take in with me when DD and I go to restaurants.

In both bags, I can also fit a wristlet filled with coupons, store credits and receipts on the top of all the things in the main compartment of both bags.

When I have a chance, I will post pictures of the bag packed, and compare to the Swagg and LE LT.

I am a super heavy packer, yet I can cut down on things enough to use this bag as an everyday bag (minus a cooler of food!), so I'm sure this can be used by most people as an everyday bag -- as long as you're not going out for the whole day or on an excursion like the zoo etc... I would bring a backpack for those days, anyway -- probably my new Baby Sherpa ;-). (FYI, I ended up returning my Baby Sherpa back to ebags ... I would rather use a separate cooler in my LE TCB).

I added a pictures of: the LE LT and Donnor side by side, the items that I fit in both, and the two bags compared from a side view. If you want more pictures, please feel free to email me!

skohng
06-25-2006, 09:50 AM
this is a great review of the donnor! i'm thinknig of getting it for trips to the store, etc. ds is 14 mo and just needs a dipe, sippy, and snacks. so this may be perfect -- how do bottles/sippy cups fit in here? would something like the munchkin sippy cup fit?

**ETA: the donnor makes the LT look so huge! :) but i'm guessing the LT is not at all bulky when you wear it, right? also, where is the best deal to find a donnor?

thanks again!

chiqanita
06-25-2006, 02:27 PM
SHOEBUY.COM

they will give you a discount for registering and then there is a coupon code somewhere in one of these posts. It's a post I entered with questions on the Overland Trinidad.

I just got my Trinidad, looks exactly like a large Donner, and I love it. Regular price is about $90...with the 2 discounts it was $71.

I'm about to logoff otherwise I would go searching for the code.

ETA link with discount code: save10

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=29987&mesg_id=29987&page=

rupptopia
07-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Just a quick note to say thanks for the photos & info on the Overland Donner bab, I ordered it (ebags.com) and it is just what I was looking for! A perfect toddler bag!

Thanks, Michelle

DAKnits
07-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Michelle, glad it helped! What color did you get? I have the chocolate/lilac, and the black w/ black daisy interior from REI!

rupptopia
07-20-2006, 05:52 PM
The paprika, a nice orangey red. :)

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another black bag, but I may have to in this case, it just works so well!

Thanks again!

DAKnits
07-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Glad you love the bag! I bring my black/black daisy with me every day in case I run an errands it's just so convenient. I can't stand going into stores with my every day diaper bag since my every day bags are packed full and a hassle while shopping with DD.

:-)