PDA

View Full Version : looking for a fleurville throwback!

skohng
05-31-2006, 10:48 AM
i really, really should have gotten the A7 back when it was still available. now that ds is older I think it would be the perfect size. I even like the look better than the new things out (LB darling, etc) and like that it's a convertible too.

sigh. is there ANYWHERE that i can find one? i guess i can list an ISO on the yahoo group, but does anyone have any inside tips?

thanks!

hudsonam
05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
How about calling Fleurville to inquire about their seconds? I think they're usually half price. HTH!

ETA: Sorry, I totally misread your post. Ignore me! ;)

skohng
05-31-2006, 11:07 AM
haha that's ok. actually i emailed them and also asked about EP seconds.

MarieBunny
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
I got a used one on eBay and I usually see one or two of them on there at any given time. I sold mine. I just didn't love the Alpha 7. I found that I couldn't fit much in it, shape was kind of bulky and the backpack straps were uncomfortable, IMO. I now have the JuJuBe Packabe and love it! It is great as a convertible.

twodogsandababy
05-31-2006, 01:14 PM
You know, I also don't love mine as much as I thought I would. I like it, but it's not quite the answer to my diaper bag prayers. I do love the organization, and it's very convenient to get things in and out. But I practically never wear it as a backpack because the straps aren't very comfortable. And when worn as a messenger bag, it gets a bit bulky. If I were to do it again, I might get a Slingtote instead.

skohng
05-31-2006, 02:36 PM
hm! thanks for these reviews. i heard the slingtote's organization is so-so - is that because of how deep the inside is?

chubbycheeks
05-31-2006, 03:25 PM
I actually have them both, (the A7 and ST, that is), so I will try and give you my thoughts.

I bought the A7 and then sold it, because I couldnt fit what I thought I needed to carry in there. I didn't like the side bottle pockets on the outside as I had a hard time fitting sippys in there, and I thought that the three outer front pockets were kind of useless unless you packed like keys or a cell in there (they are super small). So I sold it, but I just rebought it as I really missed it, even with its flaws. I agree the backpack straps are so so, but I carry it messenger and find it a good fit (I am petite and five foot five, FWIW).

I also have the ST. I almost returned it as soon as I bought it, but now it's one of my favorite bags. I found that it took me some time to figure out how to pack it to make it work. It is a deeper bag, but it opens wide and so for me the depth isn't an issue. I find the outer mommy pocket not real useful to me, as it gets tough to get stuff out of there if the main center section is pretty packed. I have a large VB wristlet, and there is no way that I could easily get it in and out of there. Don't get me wrong, it fits, but for me its a pain to remove it, so instead I use the mommy pocket for things like my cell, purell, etc. I do love the pockets in the main section of the bag, very useful.

If you wannt me to pack them up tomorrow and snap some pics, LMK.