PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Mini-tote owners--is it the solution for me?

twodogsandababy
05-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for a smaller outing bag, and I'm wondering if the Mini-tote is what I need. My main bag is a FV Alpha 7. It's fine for longer outings, but I find it too large and bulky for quick trips to the store, particularly if I have only one kid with me. I also want something that can pass for a purse if I'm out without any kids, since I find it annoying to keep switching my stuff in and out of bags.

I always wear bags slung over the opposite shoulder (more or less messenger style, though often with the bag at my hip, rather than in back). Am I right that this rules out the Be Small? I like the patterns better, but I hate wearing a bag on one shoulder. If you have a Mini-Tote, did you buy the messenger strap? Do you use it, and if so, how does the bag work that way? Is it too bulky, or does it feel streamlined? Are there any other accessories that you think are must-haves for the Mini-Tote? (I must say, I am balking a bit at having to add on so many accessories to the Mini-Tote. You think that for the price, it could come with a few.)

Thanks!

pampamz
05-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Love the mini-tote! I did not purchase any extras (what a rip off, eh?). I don't think it would be really necessary for the messenger strap, unless you are dead set on using it that way.
The straps are a good length for me (I'm 5'1"). It is the perfect size for me w/DS 3.5yo & DD 10mo for day to day outings.
I do use a backpack for bigger outings as it doesn't really fit changes of clothes in it.

twodogsandababy
05-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks! I'm not sure whether I'd like using it as a tote, but I guess I could always try it that way and then buy the messenger strap later. I'm glad to know it works for two kids that age (mine are now 4 and 10 months). I figured it wouldn't hold a change of clothes, but I have no problem keeping one in the car anyway. Which pattern did you buy?