PDA

View Full Version : Question about bike trailers

bethie_73
05-31-2006, 10:23 PM
When can DC ride in one, and any recommendations on brands?

tobycat
06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
We have the Chariot Cougar (2006 model). We have used it as a jogger and a bike trailer. THis is the best baby item we have bought. I think they were on sale at REI or reioutlet.com

If that is too much for your budget, Chariot has a lower-end line called Kidarooz that is sold at Costsco for $165. It can be bike trailer or stroller. It is a double. Like the higher-end Chariots, it comes apart very easily without tools.

Candice

hudsonam
06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
We also have a Chariot Cougar I. We ordered it from Reioutlet.com for something like $269 which included the bike trailer kit (the main part, or chassis, is typically sold separately and you have to buy any attachments for biking or jogging or strolling for it). It can be used as a jogger, trailer, stroller, with skis, strapped to the body while hiking... It's very multi-functional. We just picked ours up last night, but it's really nice. Normally it's something like $350 without any attachments, so $269 was a great deal, and for us, it was better than spending the same amount or more for a less expensive jogger and less expensive trailer. HTH a little!

ETA: I think you have to wait until baby is at least 6 months old to ride in a bike trailer, but don't quote me on that. It might be even older.

michlyn
06-02-2006, 04:32 PM
How does this model compare to the Burley?

hudsonam
06-02-2006, 09:12 PM
From what I've read here, the Burleys have more storage space, but they require a screw driver to change attachments, so the Chariot is much easier to switch back and forth.

noahsmommy
06-03-2006, 09:02 PM
We have a Burley and my DH loves taking our DS in it for bike rides. It's very sturdy and nicely ventilated. If you don't need a trailer to convert into a stroller, I would highly recommend this one. Of course, we wish we had a bought a double at the time, now that we're expecting baby #2. Oh well.

http://b2.lilypie.com/9BPpm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/qQVzm5/.png[/img][/url]