PDA

View Full Version : Best diaper bag for a Toddler and newborn

anat32
06-01-2006, 01:31 PM
I am due in February and by then my son will be 2 and a half. I want to buy a diaper bag for now and hopefully to use when the baby arrives. Any recommendations....PLEASE I dont like bags that are too heavy or really large.

tmrbwilson1998
06-01-2006, 02:41 PM
My DS was 2 1/2 when DD came along last summer and I honestly found that my bag need has changed as she has begun eating foods (she is BF, so never any bottles). Since DS was VERY active, I needed a backpack to remain as hands-free as possible, lol. I used the LE diaper backpack for a little while, then eventually switched the T&L backpack (gotta have something pretty afterall!), then the JJB Packabe.

Now that I am needing a big bag, I mainly use my Posh Baby Ultimate which I love in theory but find very uncomfy to wear, though the organization for our needs is good (1 D&W filled for each child placed in the back two slip pockets inside the bag, then a Chester cosmetic case with 1st aid supplies and lip gloss for me in one of the front interior slip pockets, then the main area of the bag has a JJB snack capsule or a gallon-sized zip-lok with food items, and of course there is a myriad of other items in the bag, but this gives you the gist). In fact, the ladies at the church nursery are all so impressed with how organized the bag is and how easy it is to find dipes for either child as well as snacks.

Once DD is off the jarred baby food and she is on table food, then I can see downsizing again, but for now, the Packabe and PBU are good choices for us, though not as comfy to wear as others I have tried. Since the PBU is larger, you may like the Packabe - nice organization, great Mommy pockets with easy magnetic closures, organization inside, convertible bag, kooshy changing pad with memory foam...it is a great little bag, as is the Be All (though I would wait until later this summer when the adjustable straps come out).

Good luck!
Tina