PDA

View Full Version : Timi and Leslie Backpack or JuJu Be Packabe?

tela
06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I have a 3 month old dd. Right now I'm using the Skip Hop Dash and I HATE it. It's awkward to carry even though it does hold everything - 4 diapers, wipes, burb cloth, blanket, change of clothes, 2 bottles and a bottle of water plus a small bag for tylenol, desitin, tissues etc. I hate that the interior is black and that the flap gets in the way of the front pockets. I'm looking for a comfortable but cute backpack that I can also use to carry my wallet, keys, sunglasses and cell phone. And, I would prefer it to work as a stroller bag if possible.

DAKnits
06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I have the Timi and Leslie, and I had, and sold, the Packabe.

I did not find the Packabe as comfy as the Timi and Leslie because the T&L straps are very padded. That said, the Timi and Leslie backpack does not lay flat on my back -- it sort of stands away from my back -- it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it just looks odd. It is much larger than the Packabe, and fits more, but it has a little less organization -- although enough for your needs. On the interior, there are three elastic pockets on the inside (I use one for a bottle, one for a sippy, and there's an extra for your second bottle), and a zippered pocket for those small items like medicines, nail clippers, scissors, etc... There is a large mommy pocket in the front that would fit your wallet, keys, sunglasses and cell, and more if you needed it to.

I could NOT fit those items in the Mommy pocket on the packabe. The Mommy pockets are very lacking in my opinion b/c they aren't deep enough for my long wallet and cell with it's clip on it. for the straps, you'll need the "sliders" they will send you if you give tthem your address, to attach to the straps so that the straps don't move when they are in backpack position. Because I pack a lot, I found my stuff falling to the bottom b/c the shape of it is long and not wide, and I was pulling out everything on top to get to the stuff on the bottom. A lighter packer would like this bag much more, I think.

HTH!

The Review Mommy
06-01-2006, 07:26 PM
What about the Madeline? It's a back pack with stroller flaps.

http://www.bumblebags.com/madeline.html

Here is an old thread:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=26599&mesg_id=26599&listing_type=search

HTH

tmrbwilson1998
06-02-2006, 10:49 AM
I have both and personally like the organization and bright interior of my Packabe by the comfort and openness (when I need to stuff it) of the T&L. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in your bag...I wanted comfort so I got the T&L, then wanted more organization as DD got older, and still prefer the Packabe at the moment, so I find it uncomfy to wear as a backpack, especiallly when wearing a sleeveless shirt - ouch. I do love the changing pad and the compartments though!

HTH!
Tina

PS If you decide you want to try a T&L, I have mine for sale in Peridot, for $55 shipped in the US...sorry to butt in with this, but just wanted to offer! I have pics and more info if you are interested (tmrbwilson 1998 at yahoo dot com)