PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag for 2 under 2?

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-03-2006, 09:16 AM
I currently use a Fleurville Sling Tote, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Would it be big enough for 2 under 2, or should I look into a Mothership or something else? My oldest is going to be 18-19 mos when #2 arrives in August.

Thanks!

Lauren

my3fallkiddos
06-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I have a ST and yes, it is definitely big enough for 2 kids plus your stuff. That is assuming that you don't have a large wallet and you aren't bottlefeeding. I carry in mine (3) diapees and wipees with diapers for my 2 boys and 1 with little bags to dispose of the diapers and wipes, FV wipes case, my glasses, my wallet (small Kate Spade wallet), small calendar, (1) cosmetic bag with q-tips, diaper rash cream, hand santizer, hand lotion. Another cosmetic bag with a dropper, infant tylenol and children's benadryl, (1) epi pen, (1) ziploc bag (small) of nursing pads, my keys, cell phone, and usually 1 sippy cup and 1 bottle water plus a small bag of snacks.

Ok, ready through all of that makes me love my ST! Haha!

Have you tried a Mothership?

Carrie

tmrbwilson1998
06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
DS was 2.5 when DD came along, so a little older...but I find now that DD is eating foods and needs toys, that I need a much bigger bag (using a PBU and am going to try a SS soon). I know for my picky DS at the age of 1, 2, and even to an extent at 3 now, I had to pack lots of snacks and small toys to keep my active guy busy. When I just had him, my ST held plenty, though now with an eating DD, it would not hold what I need.

I agree with the PP that if you are BF, you can certainly get away with the ST, at least for the first few months!

Good luck, and congrats!
Tina

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks! I do BF. I still have room in the ST, but I put toys for DD, her snack trap my wallet (which is normal sized, not huge). But with an infant, I need burp cloths (assuming this one is as much of a spitter upper as DD) and a change of clothes at all times. So I was thinking that the ST might be tight... If anyone has the Mothership, do you think I could drap it over the handlebar of a Jane Powertwin?

carolines mommy
06-04-2006, 12:18 AM
My girls are 17 months apart and I've used a sling tote for the 2 of them since August (I actually have 2 of them). DD1 has a lot of food allergies so I'm always packing a ton of snacks for her in ziplocks or snack traps, 1 extra shirt for each girl, 2 dipes each, wipes, 2 sippy cups, my wallet, my 5x6x2 inch goodie bag with meds, straws, folding scissors, raisins, fruit leather. Plus I have odds and ends like dipe disp bags, lip gloss, small tube of sunscreen.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
06-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Great!!! Maybe I'll treat myself to a new sling tote to celebrate baby #2... Sounds like it really could work. I thought it MIGHT work but wasn't sure.

saschalicks
06-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I found that I needed a PBU in order to get "everything" I needed. I tried a lot and that is the only one that holds everything. This is what I carry to give you an idea:
D&W for each child with corresponding diapers inside
JJ Cole changing pad with wipes case inside
change of clothes for each and sometimes a sweater for each
1-2 bottles (I know you're breast feeding)
formula dispenser
sippy cup
cosmetic case with diapering extras (i.e. cream and purell)
cosmetic case for baby first aid
2 board books
1-3 toys for DS#1
child's fork and table pads
mommy bag (wristlet like)
burp cloth
2 bibs (we have a drooler)
I've hooked a JJ Cole paci pod on the handle for DS#2's paci

If this sounds like what you'll pack then I highly recommend the PBU!

BTW, I have the Jane Powertwin and this hangs on the handle beautifully so I don't see how the Mothership wouldn't.

HTH

mom_of_gia
06-09-2006, 12:37 PM
What's the PBU? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation. I'd love to know because my 2 will be 25 mos apart and this sounds great.

Thanks,
Denise

tmrbwilson1998
06-09-2006, 01:16 PM
PBU is Posh Baby Ultimate (poshbaby.com), as opposed to Posh by Tori (sometimes people will say Posh and then it is all up in the air)!

HTH! :)
Tina