PDA

View Full Version : help me pick a VB purse....

sophiesmom
06-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I posted this on the babybags board, but wanted to post here too!

I seem to be Vera crazy lately, especially java blue crazy. I bought
a carry all and baby bag in java blue. I'm using the carry all for
just the baby, and the baby bag for all 3 kids. (crazy huh?)

Now I'm trying to decide on a purse. I was thinking of getting a
matching VB one. These are what I'm thinking:

backpack: i've seen a lot of mom's carrying these lately, and when i
have the kids always seems like my purse is falling off my shoulder.
but not sure if i want my purse to be a backpack style.

spectator: good size & comfy

little betsy : I like the 6 pockets inside, but it has 2 handles, not
sure if one would keep falling?

Just looking for suggestions...

Do you think I'd be too 'loud' carrying both a diaper bag and purse in
java blue?

thanks!!

annasmom
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Stephanie, Well, now since you have me thinking about Vera Bradley's . . .I think you should try out the regular sized Betsy. I use one now, and I think it is great for carrying kids' stuff as well as my things. I like the fact that it isn't too deep, so everything is very accessible. And you can keep things pretty well organized with the pockets. The straps don't bother me too much. They would definitely fall off if for example I was running after my dc at the playground, but I don't wear any bag unless at least one dc is restrained in some wayl. Now, I have to check out the Carry All.

bubbaray
06-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I have the Betsy in Java Blue. LOVE it. Love the size, the fabric, etc.. I thought the Little Betsy was too small for me once I saw it IRL. I like the concept of the backpack. Just not sure exactly where I'd use it, KWIM?

Happy shopping!

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

sophiesmom
06-05-2006, 07:07 AM
I'll have to check it out. I think it may be too big for me as a purse though, but I still want to look! I like to carry something for me and the kids, once i start mixing, I forget to put my stuff back in my purse when i'm alone.

I was thinking of the backpack as a purse..?? I've seen some mom's around here do that. My purse is always falling off when i'm bending over w/ the kids and stuff, and going to places like chuck e cheeses it is a pain.

hudsonam
06-05-2006, 08:04 AM
I think you should go for the backpack. I think they're really cute, and it would be so nice to not have it falling off all the time. I want to get one one of these days. :) I have a Lucy, and I feel a little strange sometimes when I carry both that and my diaper bag in classic black, like I'm some kind of Vera freak, but eh... I don't really care because I love them. :)

sophiesmom
06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, i was kind of wondering if it would be a bit much, the java blue is pretty, but a bit bright! i like the convenience of the backpack, but also all the pockets in the purses!