PDA

View Full Version : diaper bag for summer

JenniferMC1971
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
I've been using the Lands End Little Tripper in red since my daughter was born. Now that it's summer, I'd like something more feminine and summery. Any suggestions? The size of the LT works pretty well for me, maybe could use something a tad bigger. Price is a consideration.

Jennifer, mom to Brigid, born 9/14/05

chubbycheeks
06-05-2006, 06:59 PM
There are a couple of suggestions that I can think of that aren't too pricey. The first, if you aren't in a rush, is something custom from Clutterbags. She has a great selection of summer fabrics.

Also, if you like Vera Bradley, they make a ton of great bags that work well as diaper bags. I just got a bucket tote that makes a nice smaller bag. The Carry All and Betsy are great as well, but a little on the larger size if you are used to using the LT and find that size working well for you.

Oh, and lots of Mamas like the Silverline Swagg for a small bag. I think it runs about $50, and it some in some nice summer colors and has the option of converting to a backpack!

HTH a little.

tmrbwilson1998
06-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Hi, Jennifer! Not sure about what your cut-off price would be, but have you tried checking out the Yahoo Babybags group? It is a safe haven for us bag-lovin' mamas to talk about, sell, and buy bags from each other. You could try out a bag (or two!) for cheaper than retail, try to sell it back if it does not work out for you, and get the scoop on sales and such, too!

I am a big fan of the JJB and the LB bags. The LB Darling could be perfect for you!

HTH a little!
Tina

PS The site is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/

hudsonam
06-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I second the suggestions here, or maybe a Kecci Shanghai bag, but that's bigger than the LT. I have a chocolate/pink Silverline Swagg for sale if you're interested. You can email me at amwaltt at yahoo dot com. It's very pretty, but I already have a small bag and I just don't need this one. The Overland Donner is also well-liked here, and they have some pretty colors. HTH! :)

lmwbasye
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
How about a Fleurville Mini-Tote? You could check the babybags group to see if there's one for sale. Other than that, Silver Line is a decent price. I also second Ju-Ju-Be and Lexie Barnes. I think someone on the group was selling their Poppy Darling for like $50.

HTH!

JenniferMC1971
06-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone! The Clutterbags look great, and I've spent way too much time online looking at them already. I'm still thinking about all the other suggestions as well.