PDA

View Full Version : If you have any or all of these, which is your favorite?

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm still trying to sell one or two bags, but I'm already looking at what I want next. Here are a few I'm considering. I think I'd like something that would hold about as much as the Dash. Maybe a little less. Which of these is your favorite and why? And if you have any pictures, I'd love to see them. TIA!

Darling
Fling
Sling Tote
Be All

On the smaller side:
Mini Tote
Overland Donner
Be Smart
LL Bean bag
Little Tripper

Ok, so maybe I want a small AND a medium bag. ;)

amp
06-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Well, I have the Little Tripper, a large LL Bean bag and the Fling.

I hated the LL Bean bag because I felt like I was carrying luggage. It is a big, deep bag that sticks out too far. I carried it for nearly 6 mos, but have retired it for traveling purposes.

the LT is ok, but never rocked my world.

I am currently using the Fling. It doesn't rock my world either. I love the color and the microfiber. I also love the *idea* that it attaches to the cart/stroller without having to detach the shoulder strap (like on my skip hop), but it isn't an easy thing to attach, and I find it almost to be more of a pain than my SH. And, the pockets, IMO, are somewhat useless. Some are just too small to hold anything usefully. Also, it tips over constantly which drives me bonkers! And I don't think it holds anymore than a SH, but does hold a similar amount, possibly a bit more.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them, but I don't have any pics. Sorry!

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks! Does the LT fit over stroller handles? I don't even care if a bag has stroller hooks, because to me it's easier to just throw it on then mess around with hooks or loops or extra straps. Does the LT have good organization? Is it a tad smaller than the Dash or Fling?

sophiesmom
06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Not on your list, but I am loving my Vera Bradley carry all bag. the adjustable strap fits great on my stroller (i bought a fling and returned it didn't like it.

In the carry all I have: bibs, burp rag, 2 size diapers, wipes, nursing apron, extra clothes for the baby ( on the inside). still have plenty of room for some more stuff (i have the 4 inner pockets filled and clothes and size 6 diapers in center. side pockets for sippys or my water. 2 front pockets, 1 for purell and stuff like that and i leave the other one empty for last minute things. key clip which i used today when out w/ the kids and was great! back zipper pocket where i keep a waterproof pad for changing.

All packed and even w/ water bottle, light as ever!

I also bought the baby bag (VB) but haven't used it yet!

HTH!

DAKnits
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I have the LL Bean diaper bag, the Land's End Tripper, and the Overland Donner.

I love them ALL for different needs.

The LL Bean bag is absolutely wonderful if I'm out all day. It's got the best organization of any of the bags I've got (and I have 22 bags!!!!!!!) I do not find that it sticks out too much from my body, and love using it. I will attach pictures of the LL Bean bag (and I have one comparing it to the Little Tripper). I HIGHLY recommend this bag, and think everyone should have one! This handle fits perfectly over a stroller and is adjustable.

The LE Little Tripper is the perfect everyday bag (not for the whole day, but for most days). I love the outside pockets, the small size relative to what it can hold, and how durable it is. Nothing beats it on price. I also thinks everyone should have one! I have it in black/fern and have thought about getting another color. The strap fits perfectly over a stroller -- it's an adjustable strap.

I just got the Overland Donner in chocolate/lilac but ordered it in slate/green, but I'm keeping it anyway. LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag for my quick trip bag- and it can really hold almost as much as I need it to for an every day bag. It holds more than my Swagg which makes it capable of being an everyday bag unlike the Swagg. I will post pics of it and compare it to the LE LT soon.

I can give you lots more info on any of the bags I have ...

http://yogaesq.tripod.com/diaperbags.html

I will post a pic of the LL Bean closed, the LL Bean compared to the Little Tripper, and the Little Tripper packed. Email me if you want additional pics.

DAKnits
06-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Email me for additional pictures: [email protected] if you want!

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks! I have the Carry All too. LOL! It's the one bag I don't think I'll ever part with. I love it!

amp
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't think I ever tried the LT over my stroller handles, and I'm not sure that the strap is long enough. Maybe someone who's currently using one can speak more accurately to that. Yes, I'd say the LT is a bit smaller than both the Dash and the Fling. The thing that I didn't like about the LT is that it's black/dark inside, so you get the black hole effect that so many bags are trying to remedy these days. To me, if a bag has good organization, but you can't find anything, then the org. factor is diminished. Just my 2 cents.

ETA: It may have been the old style LT that had the black hole effect. I can't recall if the newer version does or not.

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Thank you! Do you have any internal pics of the LL Bean bag? My email is amwaltt at yahoo dot com.

I am digging the LL Bean bag… I just can't decide if it's too big. If I manage to sell my Dash, then I'd like something else large enough to replace it, but it sounds like it's huge, even though it doesn't really look huge. I like the price too. :)

I think I'd like to get a Donner eventually. I just can't get it now, since I still have a Swagg I'm looking to sell. LOL. I really like the Swagg, but I love my Be Small, and it doesn't seem different enough in size for me to keep both, plus they are both brown, so I don't think I need two small, brown bags.

I had a Sling Tote once, and sold it before I ever even tried it out. Now I wish I'd kept it. But I know it's supposed to be very heavy, so that turns me off a bit, plus the price.

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry, double post!

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Sorry, I just realized you said email you for pics. :) I'll email you later tonight from home. Thanks!

DAKnits
06-07-2006, 02:00 PM
The new LE LT inteior is not black, but light blue inside -- NO black hole effect which I LOVE!

I do have interior pics of the LL Bean but they're too large and I can't figure out how to make them smaller (the site won't let me post them!), so if you give me your email address, I'll send them.

Both bags have adjustable straps and easily fit over stroller handles.

DAKnits
06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Just saw your email address -- sending now!

hudsonam
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks!!

tmrbwilson1998
06-08-2006, 05:46 AM
I have had the Darling, Be All (and Be Small), the ST, the mini tote, and the LT and here are my 0.02 for you!

I find the Darling to be most functional with the many pockets, adjustable exterior bottle holders, black bottom, comfrotable strap, and adjustable strap. It is very pliable, and thus, stuffable (more than my LT). Do not care for the black hole effect in the older one I had, though the new prints have pretty-colored interiors, so that it fixed.

If you are looking for a more economical bag, I have really loved my LT (I had the old style which got stolen, then I replaced it with another one, which is the new style - I used this exclusively with DS before I knew there was anything else out there!). It is less stuffable than the Darling, but has a great little Mommy compartment. Do not care for the exterior bottle holders, though love the key fob and bright interior!

LOVED my Be All - sold it due to the fact I needed a LARGE bag and the fact that the strap is not adjustable - big problem on my 5'7" frame, as I prefer messenger style mostly and do not like a bag up to my chest! GREAT organization, not as stuffable as the Darling. Silver interior, so no black hole effect, loved the picture holders to show my babies off, and the magnetic closure is SO easy - so strong!

I think the ST was my first fancy bag. A lot bigger than I had thought which I think threw me off, lol! Comfy padded strap, some interior organization (though in my older one if memory serves, not so great). Nylong bottom with pretty feet, so it stood on its own. After having many vinyl-covered bags, I am not such a huge fan, as the T&Ls I have owned have easily gotten holes in the bottom corners (though the ST has the nylong bottom) or slits along the body of the bag (I never owned my ST long enough to notice anything like this).

Like my mini tote, but for the $ I paid, I really do not see anything THAT special about it. I love that it is smaller, lovelovelove my Ogo print and light gray interior, and comfy handles to throw over my shoulder. No accessories (such as the messenger strap) come with it, so I feel in a sense it is a waste. The only reason I am keeping mine is b/c of the stinkin' fabric, lol, and the fact that even if I am alone, I can put a magazine, book, and bottle of water in it for my own tote for the dr office or whatever!

I do not know much about the Be Smart, but it seems that I see a lot of Moms trying to sell their, so not really sure! As for the Fling, it seems a LOT of Moms have had issues with the quality (seems there was a bad batch that went out knowingly) and then poor CS to resolve the matter with the Fling.

Sorry for the short novel, HTH!
Tina

hudsonam
06-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Thank you! That's really helpful. I think I'm over the Fling, and maybe the Mini Tote. And I think the Be All is too big a bag to not have an adjustable strap, so I'll have to wait until they change that.

I'm really considering the LL Bean bag as an all day bag to replace my Dash, which is too big to be a quick trip bag but a tad too small for all day. And then I might try the LT and/or the Donner.

Now if only I could sell my Dash and Swagg! ;)

amiemarie7
06-12-2006, 11:13 PM
love my sling tote and plan on always having one. its surprisingly stuffable considering its not that big. its just really deep. but i dont use the bottle holder-its so big(however i always like to carry my bottles and food in a separate bag so this has no bearing on my choice of bag).
i tried the be smart and its nice but wasnt for me. its just tad smaller than the ST but holds way less. i would say its more like a handbag than the ST. it could pass of a non diaper bag if needed. i just felt the material didnt give, the inside pouch made it hold less, and when stuffed, you couldnt get into the mommy pocket easy. and it can attach to strollers and be used messenger. BUT it all depends on what you are looking for. if you dont carry enough for a ST and like a more handbag look its perfect. hth