PDA

View Full Version : Silver Line Convertible Backpack vs Overland Trinidad

leslieu
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm considering getting Silver Line's Convertible Backpack or Overland's Trinidad. Although I'd love to have both, but I'm not sure DH would approve.

Features that I like:
- Two side pockets for bottles/sippy cups
- All the pockets/compartments for the different things
- All the pertty colors they come in 8-)

Does anybody have any real life experiance with either bag?

Silver Line's Convertible Backpack Link:
http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/186-convertible-backpack-diaper-bag-in-chocolate.html

Overland's Trinidad Link:
http://www.overlandequipment.com/travel.php?name=travel.htm

DAKnits
06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I have the Silver Line Convertible backpack -- I must say I really like the bag, but since I have a gazillion bags, and only used this for a few hours, I just can't justify keeping it, so it's for sale. I keep wondering if I'm making a mistake selling it, especially when I have to respond to posts like yours and think of all the great things I love about it, but DH wants me to cut down on my bags, and I can't really blame him since I have so many.

Anyway, the material is sturdy and a soft,smooth canvas. It's not stiff, but not floppy. It can accomodate anything I want to shove in there during the day. This bag is nice and roomy and lots of organization.

The bag comes with a lot of accessories. There's a toy and food bag, but I don't carry enough food or toys to justify using them -- I just carry two ziplocks. It also comes with a large changing pad with pockets and straps to attach it to a changing table. The changing pad comes inside a think nylon backpack drawstring pouch, so you could put diapers, wipes and cream, and even your wallet in there, and take it with you and go if you don't want to bring your whole diaper bag with you. There is also a very flat wardrobe "station" that folds in half, and has a clear waterproof zippered pocket on each side. It also comes with a paci pouch, but I bought the bag new with tags from someone who kept the paci pouch so give my opinion on that accessory.

The interior has two open pockets and there are two outside bottle pockets. There is a large open slip pocket in the front of the bag that you could easily use to put the diapers, wipes, changing pad and cream. There is a long slim pocket on the underside of the messenger flap for coupons, cell phone, or whatever. There are alsotwo zippered pockets on the back of the bag as well.

HTH!

maurenemm
06-08-2006, 11:45 AM
The Trinidad looks very nice (have not seen it person) - and similar in size and features to the Convertible.

I have the Convertible and really like it - but only for long outings. I find its just too big and boxy for everyday. And, I think it doesn't look or feel quite right when its only half full. (I have one 7 month old baby so I don't need to pack that much for everday but I do tend to be an overpacker.) Currently I am using it as an everyday bag because I'm too lazy to move everything into another bag.

I love the color (apple) and look of the Convertible and am very happy with the pockets and organization. Love that it can worn both as a messenger and a backpack. I don't use any of the accessories - except the pacifer pouch which I use as a coin purse.

It looks like the Trinidad is not as boxy as the Convertible and has a more rugged, sport appearance. Whereas the Convertible has a "clean" more tailored look.