PDA

View Full Version : Silver Line Convertible, Ju Ju Be Packabee or PBU??

Mommy2Anastasia
06-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Okay I am trying to figure out which bag would be best for me so I can finally order the thing and get it over with. LOL.

I have figured out that I NEED it to be a backpack or convert to a backpack. I also NEED it to have pockets on the outside to put diapers/wipes or at least something from the inside of the bag so it doesn't have to be HUGE. I also will have to carry 2-3 bottles and a sippy so I NEED bottle room.

So having said that I am considering either the Silver Line Convertible, Ju Ju Be Packabe, or the Posh Baby Ultimate. I love all of the accessories that come with the SL C because I can see using all or most of them I like to have a place for everything.

I will have 2 babies in diapers and bottles/sippy in October so I need to carry a lot of stuff for 2 babies and also be hands free, not have to fuss with my bag.

Anyone have one of these bags that they can tell me about. Which one would you recommend??

Thanks,
Amy

tmrbwilson1998
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi, Amy! I have the Packabe and the PBU which I love for different reasons. I was considering the Silverline but even with all the great features, I was looking for something more fun I guess!

Let me begin by saying I have been a backpack girl for years, so that was important to me. Neither my Packabe or the PBU is as comfy as my LE diaper backpack or T&L backpack with the padded straps.

I love the Packabe - it fits a lot without looking too overwhelming. It hass the two front pockets which I keep my stuff in, but if you have smaller-sized dipes, it may work to keep a couple and a baggie of wipes or something in, though you will need to carry the rest inside the bag. As for the bottles, there are 2 holders on the outside and one insulated holder on the inside.

With the PBU, I do not even try to wear it backpack-style (Many Moms swear by getting the $10 set of convertible straps from Petunia Picklebottom to make wearing the bag more comfy, though since I am not sure if I will sell it yet, I do not want to invest yet more $ in it, KWIM?). There are 2 exterior and 2 interior bottle pockets. There is good organization in the PBU and since it is laid out horizontally, it is easier to find things, but just feels a bit bigger to me when I wear it than when I wear the JJB. Since having #2, I have begun packing my dipe bag with smaller bags - one D&W per child, a bigger zip-lok with snacks (or a JJB Snack Capsule), a bag with small toys, etc. This way even if the bag does not have great organization, I make it more organized.

For the $$, I think the JJB is a better deal with more features. It is easier to wear IMO as a backpack - does not feel like you are going to take out everything in your way with a wide load!

Since I have been carrying my bags messenger/shoulder style more and more, I prefer the PBU - the print is more sophisticated that I have. However, the Packabe (and Be All) are still faves of mine for overall functionality. Love those JJB bags!

Someone I believe on the Yahoo babybags board is selling a Silverline convertible...you should ask for some pics IRL to help you out!

Sorry so long - hope it helps a little, and if you have any questions, please let me know!

:)
Tina

Mommy2Anastasia
06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks so much for the advice and info, it's VERY helpful!

From what you describe I think I am going to rule out the PBU. I have heard almost everytime I bring up this bag that the straps are uncomfortable and suggest to get the PPB ones but I'm not sure I really want to buy something else on top of the bag.

Also you reminded me that the Kecci I have now and the Origami I had were about the same size as the PBU and when I wore them as backpacks I was constantly hitting people or things and was in the way. So I agree something more streamlined would be better.

I think I am either going to go for the Silver Line or the Ju Ju Be I just have top decide on which one now between the two.

There was a GREAT review of the Silver Line on here and it made me want the bag so bad. I just really want it in Apple Green and the one for sale on Baby Bags is black. Is green worth an extra $25 to me?? LOL

Thanks again,
Amy

maurenemm
06-09-2006, 02:20 PM
You've probably already seen my comments on the Silver Line. Right? I love the apple color. Did you see the pics of the interior that I posted in another thread here?

There are only 2 bottle pockets, both exterior. The front pocket is under the messenger flap and is very stuffable. The back pockets aren't really usable except for flat things - like paper.

When I first got it wasn't sure how I felt about it but I've grown to really like this bag (mostly for its appearance) - so I won't be selling it soon. (sorry) Is my first real diaper bag other than the hospital freebie, so I can't compare it to anything.

Mommy2Anastasia
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
>You've probably already seen my comments on the Silver Line.
>Right? I love the apple color. Did you see the pics of the
>interior that I posted in another thread here?

I have not seen your post about the bag actually do you know which one it is?? I would LOVE to see the pics.

I'm wondering if the Apple Green would match my Phil & Ted's E3 in Lime or not, or if I should just be safe and go with the black.

Amy

MarieBunny
06-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi there, I can't speak to the other 2 bags, but I have the JuJuBe Packabe and LOVE it! It's a great convertible, effortlessly converts from backpack to shoulder bag. (Make sure yours has the Packabe sliders with it for easy backpack use. If not JuJuBe will send them to you for free). I have heard complaints about the straps being uncomfortable but I haven't found that to be the case, although they are not as comfy as the padded straps on a traditional backpack.

The changing pad fits nicely in the back pocket so it doesn't take up any room in the bag and it's a nice size and cushy. I love the Mommy Pockets on the outside! I put my oversized wallet in the bottom one and sunglasses, keys, makeup, etc., in the top one. It also has a cell phone pocket but I have an external cell phone holder on my bag since I like it on the outside. The bag is extremely roomy and should be able to hold all your stuff for 2 kids easily. I pack an extra outfit in a pouch and keep it on the bottom. Also 4 size 6 diapers, wipes box, coupon organizer, travel pack of wet ones, largish container of snacks, a book and/or a small toy, internal pocket for disposable bibs, table toppers, etc. There is one insulated internal bottle pocket (wish there were 2) and 2 pockets on the sides big enough even for sippies with handles (although wish they were elastacized). I still have plenty of room left for extra stuff: a hoodie for DS, food, etc.

I love the look of the bag too (I have Lush Paisley) with the cute rhinestone zipper pulls, picture pocket, love the easy access zipper and magnetized pockets.

FYI, I hear that JuJuBe is making some updates to the Packabe in the fall line including new patterns and built in stroller loops. I don't have a release date on that but you might want to check into it if you are seriously considering the Packabe.

I also toyed with getting the Silver Line Convertible but it looked kind of bulky in pics. I like the idea of the accessories and compartments but it seemed like a little extra work to deal with those.

Good luck picking your bag! I wrestled with my decision too and I'm very happy because I know the bag will also work with a 2nd baby.

tmrbwilson1998
06-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Ugh! I was thinking about selling my Packabe (letting the postal carrier rip it from my hands to mail, lol) since I got a SS, but after reading your review, I have fallen in love all over again with it! I also have the Lush Paisley - it is so fun, and isn't the interior color great?!

I guess I will continue with my 5 bags...must downsize, must downsize :)

:)
Tina

MarieBunny
06-10-2006, 07:33 PM
LOL! It's so easy to be convinced you need another bag isn't it! I am satisfied right now but I know when the JuJuBe fall line comes out I will want another one!

maurenemm
06-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Here is the link to the thread with my pics in it. (I hope this works.) http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=28999&mesg_id=28999&listing_type=search

Sorry, I've never seen the E3 in lime so can't say if it would match. In my pics I think the bag looks a little darker than it does IRL.