PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Cart Covers - Angelyn Rose or KozyPal

cindylouhoo
06-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Well, concerning a previous post about the cost, I still would like to get one for DS. For those of you who have one of these brands, what do you like/love about it? I'm trying to decide between the 2. If you know of other brands, let me know! TIA!
ETA I've seen recs for Sew Cute Boutique as well. Now a choice between 3 ;)

maurenemm
06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I got an Angelyn Rose cover about 2 weeks ago. It is the first and only cover I've ever used so I can't make any comparisons. I'm pleased with it so far. Fit well in both a grocery store shopping cart and restaurant high chair. I like the toy loop and think the pockets - especially the side pocket for a sippy will be handy (unless I don't want baby to be able to get at it). I've been using the pillow to help keep baby propped up but I really need 2 pillows since he hasn't quite mastered sitting up by himself. I haven't quite mastered folding the cover up into itself. (She has good instructions on how to do this - I just need re-read them.)

I got mine on ebay for a really good price because it was one of her weekly specials. Her customer service was great!

dhano923
06-12-2006, 02:31 PM
I have a Kozypal and LOVE it. I've had it a couple months and get so many compliments on it. And DD loves to sit in it. I had a Floppy Seat for DS but I wanted something "prettier" for DD. Melissa is great to work with and her workmanship is wonderful.

hudsonam
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I have a KozyPal cover. It's really nice, and I bought one as a gift for SIL and would buy one again as a gift for someone. It's very well constructed, rolls up nicely and the belt becomes a handle, it's soft and fits any cart. It has loops to hang Linkadoos or other toys on, so that's nice, and she offers pillows and things like that now. It's nice to use on restaurant high chairs too. All in all, it's a very nice cart cover and I would recommend it.

nfowife
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
I have an angelyn rose and really like it. That said, I just bought a cover for a friend as a gift from Funkygiraffe.com and I like it better. There are 2 pockets for drinks instead of 1 (one on each side, my AR cover only has one on one side). Also I like the 2 toy loops up front instead of the pocket/loop combo on the AR cover. I also think it is sewn a little sturdier as well. You can also optionally get a thicker one (with more batting, ala Sew Cute, otherwise it's about the same thickness as my AR one), the pillow is optional but comes with a loop to attach it- I lost my AR pillow long ago becuase it doesn't attach to the cover. So, if I had to buy again today for myself, I would get the funky giraffe one, even though I'm happy with my AR one too. HTH!

amp
06-13-2006, 08:00 AM
I have an angeyln rose one and I like it. The quality and pattern are all nice. Very cushy and soft. My major complaint is that even though she has instructions on how to fold it up, it doesn't work so well. Not only is it harder than it needs to be, it doesn't hold in that fold. So I would almost buy another brand that I KNEW would fold up well. It frustrates me that I'm constantly carrying this thing around unfolded!

clc053103
06-13-2006, 02:41 PM
I have an AR cover too that I love. Purchased off ebay, fast delivery, and she's a very nice person. That being said, I would prefer a cover that comes with a little matching bag b/c the folding instructions are so tough!

Anyway- here's how I do it if you are interested: First, I put the pillow in the front pocket, so I don't lose it. SEcond, tuck that side into the other side (pattern facing out) so it's a long tube. Then I start at a short end and roll it up like a sleeping bag, and secure it shut with the seatbelt. I then just carry it by the belt and toss it in the car.

I know that the instructions that come with it result in a carry strap- but I find that the cover stays closed better with my "sleeping bag" approach.

Hope that helps!

amp
06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm still sorting out how I want to roll it, but I'll try your way too! Thanks for the tip! I hate that it's such a hassle to fold!

clc053103
06-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Give it a try- and if you come up with a better way while you're folding, please share! I know I could just put it on the floor in front of the car seat, but I am too neat to throw it without folding it up!

jgriffin
06-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the folding/rolling instructions! We have never used the pillow because I keep it separate from the cover and forget to bring it...now maybe I won't! I usually mush the cover together and buckle the strap around it, or just toss it in the car and let it be messy.

We've had our AR cover since March and it's held up very well under repeated washings. Plus I love the fabric (tropical tree frogs!) I do wish it had a carry bag, too, but that's a minor complaint.

Jen

sassygirl
06-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Have you checked www.snazzybaby.com? I love their covers and they always have fun fabrics and a free diaper bag if you buy certain stuff. Very cool!!! I also bought their infant seat cover and got more compliments on that than anything else!

rsgmommy
06-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Do the snazzy baby covers come with built in seatbelts?