PDA

View Full Version : L.L.Bean diaper/large touring no longer in Powder Blue?

tg_canada
06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I was perusing L.L.Bean's web site and noticed that the diaper bag and large touring bag no longer offer "Powder Blue" as a colour option. Perhaps they are just out of stock, but the colour choice has actually been removed from the site and the pic of the diaper bag is now in black (used to be blue). It seems the small touring bag is still available in blue.

MamaKath
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
That is odd! I really like the blue color. I wish they offered more colors. IMO you can get lots of bags in black. Too bad!

tg_canada
06-21-2006, 11:09 AM
The L.L.Bean diaper bag is no longer on their web site at all. They still have the large touring bag which is NOT offered in the powder blue. It is only offered in black, khaki and navy and I believe it does not have a contrasting lining colour. The small touring bag is also available in only those 3 colours.

DAKnits
06-21-2006, 12:12 PM
WOW I wonder why! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!

hudsonam
06-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I just emailed them via their live chat and they said there are a few left, but it was removed from the site due to low stock. It won't be back in stock until spring of '07!!!!!!!!!! Why do they do that?! I just don't get it. Order one now if you want one! HTH!

tg_canada
06-21-2006, 02:37 PM
>I just emailed them via their live chat and they said there
>are a few left, but it was removed from the site due to low
>stock. It won't be back in stock until spring of '07!!!!!!!!!!
> Why do they do that?! I just don't get it. Order one now if
>you want one! HTH!

Wow, spring '07! I am really glad I got one a couple of months ago. I bought it really early as I don't need it until September and DH was wondering why the heck I ordered so soon....ha! Lucky I did!

DAKnits
06-21-2006, 06:36 PM
How is the regular touring bag versus the large ? Is the interior organization the same as the large? Is it just missing the size two pockets on the one side?

hudsonam
06-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I asked that question here a week or two ago. You might find it if you do a search. I think she said just the lack of bottle pockets on the outside. And it's about the size of the LT, I think.

DAKnits
06-21-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19150&mesg_id=19150&listing_type=search

I found a great comparison of the bags here!

AddiesMom
06-22-2006, 10:10 PM
I could have sworn I saw the powder blue diaper bag in their store in Marlton, NJ a few months ago. Not sure if large or small?

DAKnits
06-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I spoke to CS about the diaper bag -- it's disconintued and won't be brought back until next year, if it's going to be brought back. BUT the large and regular touring bag are still available and the large is the same exact bag as the dipaer bag, except the lining is grey and not lime green.

my3fallkiddos
06-24-2006, 10:29 AM
I have a LE Little Tripper and love it but it's too small right now. I have the Fleurville ST but am starting to get out of the whole "pricey" diaper bags for more durable, less expensive ones. The LL Bean Touring bag (in large) looks like it would be perfect but how does it compare in organization to other diaper bags? Like the SK Duo/Dash or LE LT?

Thanks so much!

Carrie

my3fallkiddos
06-26-2006, 09:44 PM
bump :)

KHF
06-27-2006, 06:54 AM
I've never had a Skip Hop, but I'd say the organization on the LL Bean Large Touring is along the lines of a Little Tripper, but with more room. I sold my little tripper, but still have both sizes of the Touring bag. I did keep the change pad from the LT to use with the touring bags though :-)

The interior pockets were adequate for me...I believe they have the same type of mesh slip side pockets as the LT. I also like that there is plenty of room in the middle of the bag for blankets, clothes, toys, etc. I used the large bag as my everyday bag for about the first 6 months. The small touring bag is now my car diaper bag.

Kirsten
Mom to Laurel - born 8.22.2005

tg_canada
06-27-2006, 12:35 PM
>I have a LE Little Tripper and love it but it's too small
>right now. I have the Fleurville ST but am starting to get
>out of the whole "pricey" diaper bags for more durable, less
>expensive ones. The LL Bean Touring bag (in large) looks like
>it would be perfect but how does it compare in organization to
>other diaper bags? Like the SK Duo/Dash or LE LT?
>
>Thanks so much!
>
>Carrie

Use the Search feature at the top of the page and do a search for "llbean" in the "Places to Go: All Other To-Go Gear! (Diaper Bags, etc)" forum. There's a bunch of good threads with pics and info on the bag (which is how I decided on ordering it! :)). I recall there being comparison pics with the LE LT and at least one of the Skip Hop bags.

I haven't used it yet but I think the organization will be perfect for me. If I recall it has:

[li]One large main area inside
[li]one inside large zippered pocket
[li]mesh pockets inside (could hold tubes, glasses case, toys depending on shape)
[li]outside front organization pocket with places for cards and a key clip
[li]large mesh pocket on outside for water bottle (or something else) [li]2 small side pockets for quickly accessible items
[li]rear sleeve pocket for change pad
[li]shoulder strap adjusts to wear it over the shoulder or hang from a stroller
[li]the price is awesome!!