PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a Darling, the LL Bean, or something else next?

hudsonam
06-13-2006, 08:01 AM
I just ordered an Oi Oi Hobo and just sold my Skip Hop Dash. I've heard the Hobo will hold as much or a tad more than my Dash, so that can sort of be my replacement for that, but I feel like I need either another large bag (even larger than the Dash) to use for all day outings, or another stroller bag with good organization and bottle holders. I suppose I could get both, but do you have any other suggestions? I currently have a Vera Bradley Carry All and a Ju-Ju-Be Be Small. Ack! How is that all I have now?! I think I need both. ;) Any opinions? I also like the Sling Totes, but I wonder if that's too big to use often, but not big enough to use for all day outings. I had one and sold it before I ever used it because it was so big, but I wasn't looking for an all-day bag at the time. I feel like the LL Bean would be good for that because it's inexpensive and they sell good quality stuff, so for a bag that will get beat up and really stuffed, it could be a good option.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a big, all day bag and/or a good stroller/medium bag?

chubbycheeks
06-13-2006, 10:41 AM
My vote it the Darling. I love this bag. I have the ST, and I like it and all.. but I find that I can't fit all I need for all day outings, yet its a bit big for me for everyday of late. I don't find the shoulder straps comfy, either. I can fit as much (maybe more) in the Darling. I have been thinking of the LL Bean too, as a replacement for my Dash as well.

audball
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
If you want a bag that looks well put-together both on and off the stroller, my vote would be for the Darling. I have the Expo now and while I think it's fabulous, funtion-wise, and holds more than the Darling, if I expand the bottom of the bag, the center of the bag sinks. It's not so bad on the stroller, but when I carry it, it looks odd.

But if you are strictly going for storage, the Expo would be my vote! :)

DAKnits
06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I love my LL Bean for all day outings .... the organization cannot be beat by any of the bags I have and I've tried a lot. It can hold a ton, without looking obnoxious. You can check out my photos here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QZNmrRmybMNC

hudsonam
06-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks! I'll have to check those at home. I can't see them from work. :(

hudsonam
06-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I just bought a gently used Darling for a great price, but I will be looking into the LL Bean bag next month. ;)

DAKnits
06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Which pattern Darling did you get? I just took the plunge and got a Makiko even though everything else I buy has been pink these days!

hudsonam
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I was so torn between the new patterns. I ended up getting a poppy one from a swapper on babybags for only $50! I can't wait to get it. I love the Makiko too. That was my first choice really, but then I start questioning myself. :)

DAKnits
06-14-2006, 05:41 PM
GREAT price!!!!!! I got the Makiko for $70, but would have probably gone for the Poppy for that price! I hope we love our new bags!

hudsonam
06-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Let me know when you get yours how you like it! I'll do the same. :)

jrhoads
06-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh- please tell where you found it for $70. I can definitely justify it at that price. I have had my eyes on it for awhile now!

DAKnits
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
You can get it for $76 from bebecandy.com (there's a 20% off coupon), and also from mylittleducks.com with a 20% off coupon. I don't know what the coupon code is ... just make a separate post asking for the coupon code for Lexie Barnes and you'll get lots of responses. I think there's another internet retailer offering the 20% as well ...

I got it from someone who had bought it from one of the internet sites, and then they charged me $6 less.