PDA

View Full Version : JJB Be Smart vs. FV Mini Sling Tote

BeachBum
06-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Can someone give me the skinny on the differences (and pros/cons as you see them) of these bags? I think I'd like to try a small tote and these two are so cute, but I'm not sure which one would work best for me.
thanks.

hudsonam
06-13-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't have either one, although I have a Be Small and I had a regular Sling Tote for a very brief time which I never actually packed up, but I checked it out. The differences are that the Mini Tote has the capability of being worn messenger style and also attach to your stroller, but you have to buy those accessories separately which I think kind of stinks since the regular ST comes with them. The regular ST was very nice and had good organization. My Be Small has good organization too, but not sure about the Be Smart. HTH a little!

amiemarie7
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
the be smart and mini ST are both totes but the ST can be worn messenger or clipped to a stroller but you have to buy the straps separately. i dont have a mini ST, just a reg one, but from what i read, the mini ST will be smaller than the be smart. the be smart has this separate pouch inside but i found that it takes up too much room and was better off without it. the mommy pocket was also a little hard to get in when you had the bag really stuffed. the ST are covered in vinyl which i liked but some hate. the be smart imo looks dressier than the ST esp if you get a nice pattern. i would have to ask, how big do you want. the mini ST is very small compared to others. the be smart is next up in both size when carried and what it can carry. the regular sling tote can hold the most, but if its not full, it is similar in size to the be smart just a tad bigger. but you can stuff more in and it will be bigger esp in the depth. in reality, if you dont carry much, go for the mini, if you carry a lot(when i say alot i dont mean lexie barnes superstar/mothership alot) go for the ST, and if in the middle or you want a more handbag looking-the be smart. hth