PDA

View Full Version : backpack-style diaper bag

jgriffin
06-15-2006, 09:07 AM
I am thinking about getting another diaper bag for trips without the car or stroller. I have a LE little tripper and DIA; the first is too small, the second too big, and I find the traditional type of bag kind of uncomfortable to wear on long outings. (But otherwise I really like both bags.) We have a backpack frame carrier for E, which comes with an attached tiny backpack, but it's not good for much more than a few diapers and a couple of bottles.

I am looking for a backpack-style bag that is sized in-between the LT and DIA and not too girly (so DH will use it). The LE triple compartment bag looks kind of big, can someone tell me how it compares to the DIA? Can anyone suggest any other comparable backpack diaper bags?

TIA!

Jen

Wife_and_mommy
06-15-2006, 05:49 PM
No advice as I'm in the same boat. I think I'm set on the LE backpack but am still researching a little to be sure.

I have the SH Duo and I dont' think it's big enough to carry what I need (and I'm not a heavy packer) for two kiddos. The other big bag I have is huge so won't work. I think it'll be easier to handle if I can put it on my back without the fear it'll dump its contents like the Duo does now.

FYI, the LE pack was redesigned I think last year so it's smaller than it was a couple of years ago when it was pretty big. I suppose you should take this with a grain of salt since I don't own it yet but it's slightly bigger than my Duo from the measurements I've found.

Hth. Best of luck. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

jgriffin
06-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks! I just ordered the LE backpack, based on a few older posts about it. Hopefully it will do the job. :)

Wife_and_mommy
06-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Cool! You'll have to tell me what color you ordered. I'm trying to hold out for a free ship coupon but don't know how often they come out. The last one expired 5/22.

jgriffin
06-15-2006, 10:08 PM
I got the deep claret, although I would have prefered some sort of blue. I debated between that and the grey (the red seemed a bit too bright for me); our LT is deep claret, and I wasn't sure I wanted another bag in the same color.

I didn't realize LE had free shipping deals...d'oh!

Oh well...I'm hoping to use the bag for the 4th of July, so no use whining now. :)

Wife_and_mommy
06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Enjoy your new bag! :)

Snowbaby 2
06-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Have you looked at the Baby Sherpa or the Short Haul? I have both and they are awesome. We used the Baby Sherpa at WDW and outings. The Short Haul is a bit smaller so good for when you don't need as much gear. The cooler compartment is great for carrying food and the bag is ergonomic with a sternum strap and waist belt. It also fits well on a stroller. They have a huge change pad and are really well organized. www.babysherpa.com

HTH
Lynn