PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE: Coastline Adventures or Overland for the Donner bag?

chiqanita
06-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Has anyone purchased from one of these sites? I want to make a purchase but not sure who to go with for the bag I want. I wanted the Donner bag but am seriously considering the Trinidad bag, it's larger. I found the bag for $15 less at the first site but when I spoke to an employee they explained it as a way to compete for business. I'm wondering if something is wrong with the bags or maybe they're used or older...I don't know. I have a hard time trusting what sounds like "too good to be true" IYKWIM. I did call the manufacturer and they were surprised that the other site was selling for so low...they're looking into it to make sure everything is on the 'up and up'.

WWYD?

hudsonam
06-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure about the first site, but you can get a good deal at shoebuy.com with a code someone posted here (I think I may have posted it somewhere, actually) and by registering as a new user and getting an additional $10 off. HTH!

ETA: Here's the link to my post:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=29844&mesg_id=29844&listing_type=search

DAKnits
06-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Yes, go to shoebuy.com, enter in SAVE10 for the coupon code, and join the site -- the bag comes to $37.75 with shipping.
Edited to add: The $37.75 is the price for the Donner bag ... I'm not sure what they price the Trinidad at ... but you will still get the discount.

chiqanita
06-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the tip. I did place an order for the Trinidad bag which was quite a deal, I was very pleased.

I was however, surprised by the confirmation email that explained their shipping process: 1-5 days to process my order and 3-10 days for shipping. I called their CR to find out why it takes 1-5 days just to send my bag out and the rep was a little 'put off' by my question. She said "it's just the way our process is" period. We talked for a few minutes more when she said to me "well you got it for a lot less than anywhere else, right?!" What does that have to do with your shipping process? I just wondered whether you have the bag in stock or not. I hung up. Maybe she had a bad morning.

Was your experience a positive one?

DAKnits
06-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, the first bag I got from them was the wrong color (first I ordered the Donner in Chocolate/Lilac, then emailed, left a message, AND called and spoke to a CS rep and CHANGED the order to slate/green, yet I still got the chocolate ...). They CS representative was very nice on the phone, but they did get the order wrong.

I decided to keep the bag in chocolate, and order it from REI in the black/daisy color b/c shoebuy.com didn't have that color combo.

Since then I have received a different bag from shoebuy with no problems. And I ordered from thenm again, and would in the future.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Hope you like the bag!

chiqanita
06-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your help, again!
I love my bag! It's perfect for us! I'm kind of 'eyeing' the Donner but will resist the temptation.
Hope you enjoy yours. I love the color (saw photos).