PDA

View Full Version : Pantemm pad + Diapees Wipees + Diaper Bag?

rsgmommy
06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
So, it has been 4 years since my last child was born, and in those 4 years huge strides have been made in the baby industryl. I first read about the Pantemm pad in Real Simple mag before I was preggo and thought- wow- that would be great, becasue both of mine were very squirmy. And the Diapees Wipees? Awesome idea - I always used a gallon ziploc, but this is way cuter. And as far as diaper bags, wow. I thought my LE LT and DIA were the height of mommydom.

What's the problem? Now I want one of Everything! But do I really need the DW if I order a Pantemm pad? It has pockets which would serve the same purpose. But for that matter, maybe I don't really need the Pantemm pad- all those swanky new bags come with changing pads, right?

I guess I just don't remember what life is like with a newborn, and I want some guidance on where I should spend my money.

TIA,
Rebekka

julieakc
06-16-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't have a Pantemm, but I have heard from others that if you try to use one with pockets it's really bulky; most that bought the one with pockets said if they were to do it again they'd skip the pocket option.

As for the D&W, which I do have, I like it a lot which surprised me....when I first saw them I thought I wouldn't really like it, but after everyone kept talking about them I got one. Actually I have another brand, from a BBB mom, ( http://www.emmiesworld.com/) that I like much better than the D&W; it's slightly bigger which is a HUGE plus for me since I CD, and you can get a strap on it which has come in handy (I've used it to hang on the public changing tables and just to carry it to/from the bathroom).

If you're looking for a changing pad/storage combo you should also check out the JJ Cole Essentials changing mat and the Skip Hop Pronto; both availale at www.expressivetoys.com (another BBB mom). I have a pronto and I bought a JJ Cole which I gave as a gift so I can answer questions about those if you have any.

Not sure if I helped or added to your confusion.

rsgmommy
06-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Actually that helped quite a bit! It is just so darn exciting that there are all these cool accessories for moms now.

Thanks,
Rebekka

The Review Mommy
06-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Julie,

Thank you *SO* much for recommending the Emmie! This is the very first I've heard of it. ;) Tell me more about the Pronto and LL Cole mats, please! :)

Rebekah

rsgmommy
06-16-2006, 06:44 PM
I just got time to check out the links you provided, and I cracked up becasue I had been searching for these for days, but under the name IdaD. Turns out she changed the name. Super thanks!

julieakc
06-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Ida didn't have a website before....she just took orders via email, so you would have had a hard time finding it....she just got emmiesworld.com up within the last couple of weeks.:-)

julieakc
06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Here's sort of a mini review I did of the Pronto when I first got it:

"It is so cute and a great size. The mesh pocket is a great size. I
bet it would hold even more than 4 large diapers. I put 2 large cloth
prefolds in there and can still fold it up and clip it with no
problem. It is a little bulky with 2 cloth diapers in there, but not
that bad at all. I also have the hard wipe case in the inside zip
pocket, and I can still slip my cell phone and a Fleurville wristlet in the front zip pocket so that it truly could be all you need for a quick trip. My plan is for this to be my changing station in the car, and for that I think the fact that the changing pad detaches from the storage area is going to be perfect! And then on those occassions when I do want to take the whole thing with me I can just zip it back on.

For a stand alone I like the Pronto better than the JJ Cole."

Now that I've had it longer I can also tell you that I recently took it with me on our first plane trip with DS and it fit in my Posh Ultimate (too big for most other bags, but will fit in a large bag).

Since I CD I ended up not keeping the JJ Cole; I thought it was really cute and gave it to a friend. The changing pad was a nice size and it is smaller than a pronto so better suited for actually carrying in a diaper bag, but since I CD it was too small for my needs.

If you email me ([email protected]) I will send you a link to a kodak album of comparison pictures (I also have pictures of Ida's case).

momtojoshua2002
06-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello there, I just saw this! Thanks for spreading the word, Julie! :o)

If anyone has any questions about the Emmie Products, feel free to shoot them my way! :o)

momtojoshua2002
06-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Ok, the emotion icons didn't quite turn out the way the were supposed to......LOL!

They were supposed to be smilies!!!

rsgmommy
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I would love to order a case and wristlet, but I have no idea what color yet. in your opinion, what will hold up better, thick fabric, fabric with vinyl, or oilcloth?

Rebekka

momtojoshua2002
06-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Hi Rebekkah

I would say definitely a thin fabric or brocade with vinyl exterior, or oil cloth. Oil cloth is fantastic work with, however, I'm having a hard time finding nice looking prints......... most look like kitchen table cloths.

The red medallion featured on the website was given from another mama, as I made one in black and white for her. I was thinking about ordering some more of that. I've also seen some with hibiscus flowers, etc, that aren't too kitchen-like.

I think these two (vinyl and oil cloth) take more exterior abuse, and they are also more sturdy. Having said that, they do take up more space as well in the diaper bag, so just keep that in mind (it's easy to fold a regular fabric one in half or pack things around it when it's almost empty, but the vinyl and oil cloth are so sturdy on their own and therefore can't be folded down).

HTH!
~Ida

floridamommy
06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi...Just thought I would chime in too. I have both a patemm pad and an "Ida D" wipes case. I fit them both in my lexie barnes superstar. The PP fits just fine in the rear pocket and my "Ida D" (now "Emmie" case) fits in an interior pocket. I LOVE both of these products so much. I formerly used a diapees wipees case, but my diapers were always getting scrunched up in it because it is all fabric. I have an IDa D case that matches my superstar and has the vinyl exterior. The inside is so nice because it is not fabric and the diapers slide in and out much easier and hold their shape better. Also, the larger size of the ida d/emmie case as compared to the diapees wipees is a big plus for me. I have never put dipes or wipes in the PP, because for me it would be too bulky. I am really a big fan of both these items and literally use them every day b/c we are always on the go. Good luck with your decision. Heather

rsgmommy
06-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Heather, thanks for the review! The tip about the nylon lining being easier to slide diapers into is a big plus!

julieakc
06-19-2006, 12:17 AM
>Hello there, I just saw this! Thanks for spreading the
>word, Julie! :o)

No problem! Love your cases!

cynsteele
06-25-2006, 12:01 PM
I have a small patemm pad with pockets and I love it. I'm planning to get a large one when she gets a bit bigger (I have a 4 1/2 month old). It fits great in the outside pocket of my Skip Hop Dash, and when I need something dressier I just use a regular tote bag that is 9 west of Liz Claiborne and put the patemm inside so I don't really need a "diaper" bag at all.

I'm not sure why other people might not like the pockets, I love them and will get the large with pockets for sure. I love that it fits diapers and wipes right there at my fingertips and I don't need to open up something to get them out or get into my diaper bag for them.

I've been on 6 flights and just throw it into a carryon or hook it around my arm. It has a handle so when I need to go to the restroom to change her on the plane, I can just hook it around my wrist and run (seriously, RUN since usually it's a big blowout, something about planes and my DD's bowels...) to the restroom. THen in the tiny bathroom it's nice to have the diapers and wipes right there in the pad.

Anyhow, I love it and think it's the greatest thing. The changing pad that came with the diaper bag is so tiny!

I have also used it as a playmat when we're at other people's houses if there's a lot of dog hair on the ground or we are somewhere where the floor doesn't look that clean.

Cynthia
Sabrina 2-8-06