PDA

View Full Version : Like Loom Bandicoot...but need Bigger Size

hobie
06-18-2006, 03:50 PM
I really like the look of the Loom Bandicoot, but I don't think it will be large enough once the new baby comes. Is there something similar out there, but bigger, that also has backpack straps? I don't need a changing pad to be included (I've already got several!). I also like the Two External sippy cup holders. I don't need any insulation for bottles (I will be breastfeeding again). I like lots of pockets to keep everything organized.

What I usually carry:
Diapers, size 5, at least 2
Diapers, newborn, at least 2
Wipes
Butt cream
Boo-boo spray
Bug spray
Band-Aids
Tylenol, baby and mom
Hand Cleaner
Hand Lotion
My Wallet (checkbook size, but fatter)
Lipstick
Hairbrush (tiny)
Snacks (granola bars usually)
Sippy Cups, 2
Keys
Sunglasses
Clean Outfit for new baby

DAKnits
06-18-2006, 04:13 PM
The only one that I have found with great organization is the Jessica Bumble convertible backpack. It has lots of pockets for organization, and is so lightweight -- plus there are some beautiful prints. I adore the print I got, Olive Stripes, plus mine has little rhinestone accents (which they don't make anymore).

It's stuffable, yet doesn't look huge, which is important to me. I think you can fit all of your items in this bag. I find it comfy to wear both messenger and backpack style. It has one external bottle pocket (the other side pocket fits a cell phone), and I keep one bottle in one of the interior pockets). I am selling mine if your interested (I am too embarassed to admit how many bags I just bought, so this, along with SIX other bags have to go!!!!!!!). Email me: DAKnits @ aol .com (no spaces) if you are interested.

I've attached a few pics of the Jessica so you can see how it's organized.

The other convertibles I have ... the Silver Line Convertible, is HUGE and not much in the way of pockets for organization -- you have to use accessories to organize (either the ones they sell with it, or your own), which is fine for me, it's just a huge bag that I wouldn't use for everyday. I also have Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack (I'm also selling this), but there's not a ton of organization, and it's dry clean only which may or may not matter to you. It's a beautiful bag (I have the Lily print which I LOVE), and very comfortable to wear both messenger and backpack as well.

EDITED to add: I've attached two more pictures -- one where I stuffed the Jessica bag with a ton of stuff and show an interior shot, and the other showing the bag with all of that stuff closed.

hobie
06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Thank you for the offer...but I'd really like two external cup holders. Any other suggestions out there?

tina-t
06-20-2006, 11:32 AM
How about the Jujube packabe. It is fairly big and the organization is great. You can use it as a messenger bag or backpack.

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/packabe.html