PDA

View Full Version : Overland Equipment Noho and Trinidad questions...

DAKnits
06-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Has anyone has seen the Overland Noho IRL? If so, does anyone uses it as an everyday diaper bag? It seems like it's the essentially the same size as the LE LT per the website measurements, but I always find those deceiving! Is the Noho any bigger than the LE LT -- does it fit more stuff?

Also, if you know: IRL, how does the Overland Trinidad compare to the LL Bean diaper bag? Again, the measurements are so similar, but does it look the same size in person?

Thanks for any opinions!!

chiqanita
06-19-2006, 11:42 AM
don't have any answers for you but I can tell you that I just ordered the Trinidad on Shoebuy.com (great deals if you decide to purchase it). My diaper bag is the large Eddie Bauer bag with built in changing pad...it's pretty big but I was ready for something more toddler friendly.

DAKnits
06-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks!

I ordered the Noho and Trinidad, but I am not sure either will work for me. ... these might be going right back!

leslieu
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm thinking about getting the Trinidad for myself and I'd love to know what you think it.

Leslie 8-)

gcampbell72
06-21-2006, 02:06 AM
I have a Trinidad and really like it! I would say it holds about the same as the LLBean diaper bag, but is not nearly as "wide" (i.e., it doesn't stick out as far from your body when you carry it). I use this bag when I'm heading out with both kids for more than an hour or two. Otherwise, I usually stick to my Timbuk2 medium messenger bag.

Here is a quick mini-overview of the bag:
The Trinidad has a nice outside file folder pocket, one large main compartment with zipper, and smaller organizer pocket under a flap on the front. On each side of the main compartment it has two enormous bottle pockets. It also has a grab handle which I find extremely useful!

The outside file folder pocket is perfect for a changing pad. My Lands End Little Tripper pad fits there perfectly. Also, if you happen to be traveling, you can unzip the bottom of this file pocket and the whole bag will slide over your luggage handle. Inside the main pocket of the bag, there is one stretchy elastic pocket that is perfect for diapers/wipes. The rest of the main compartment is undivided (no pockets), so I use Timbuk2 zipper cases to keep things organized. On each side of the bag are two enormous bottle pockets. My 24oz water bottle fits there with lots of room to spare. Actually, the bottle pockets are a bit too big, but they are not stiff so they don't add much to the bags bulk. On the front of the bag is a large pocket covered with a flap. This area is great for all of the parent stuff. It has lots of smaller pockets and really holds lots of stuff.

My dislikes:
-interior is dark so you get that "black hole" effect
-shoulder strap is a bit of a pain to adjust (it adjusts in 2 places because of how they placed the padding)
-shoulder strap is a bit long for me
-two buckles on flap are annoying (I'd prefer just one)
-no easy place for a cell phone (I added a Timbuk2 cell phone holder to the shoulder strap
-only one pocket in main compartment (I'd love one more pocket in there)

Sorry for the rambling... Please let me know if you have specific questions!

Cathy

chiqanita
06-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi Cathy
thanks for sharing. I rcvd my Trinidad (Paprika) today. I'm going to fill it with all of our toddler stuff tomorrow to see if it's what we need. I really like the look of it and I really like the two bottle holders that are built in to the bag's sides. The inside of my bag is a light silver color and the neoprene-like pocke (computer holder) is darker...not a black whole, yet. When / where did you get your Trinidad?

I'll fill it, photo it, and post it so OP can see.

DAKnits
06-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Can't wait to see pictures! Do you find the Trinidad bulky because of the padded computer pocket? Is it a heavy bag? Thanks!

chiqanita
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I just posted photos of my Trinidad filled and not.
Hope this helps you with your decision. I will add that I have twin toddlers so everything I put in the bag I have to have 2 of so my diaper bag was very bulky but not really heavy. I suppose it could get heavy so I'll have to pack smart once I stop using my strollers. The computer pocket is like a regular pocket that stretches, not bulky at all.

Here are some photos (ETA photos)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34402.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34403.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34404.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34405.jpg