PDA

View Full Version : Duo, Dash, or Expo?

mamica
06-19-2006, 12:41 PM
New mom here with not a lot of time for research/shopping...can't decide whether I want the Skip Hop Duo, Dash, or Expo.

I checked the SH website, and I think I like the Dash, but - I'm not sure - it seems smaller than Duo; is it a big difference? I like the expandability option of the Expo, but don't know if I'd really ever need to use it.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks much!

hudsonam
06-19-2006, 01:03 PM
The Dash is definitely larger than the Duo. It's laid out better too, IMO. It's more horizontal, and easier to get stuff in and out. It has great organization. I just sold mine only because I wanted some new bags, and the velcro kind of bugged me and I didn't like having to remove the main strap to use the stroller straps, but otherwise it's a great, machine washable, durable bag with lots of great pockets. HTH!

mamica
06-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Thank you, it does! I just did a search too (should have done before I posted), and it seems that Dash is the way to go. I appreciate your advice.

Maromy
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I think you will be happy with the Dash.

Amy

mommato2boys
06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I have the Dash and the Expo. Personally neither of these are my favorite bags...mainly the dash is to small for me on most days and the expo, I love but hate the open top. With a very active 18 month old, Any bag that doesn't zip, he is into!!! I am currently using the double duo and love it, but it is a larger bag.

cynsteele
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
>The Dash is definitely larger than the Duo. It's laid out
>better too, IMO. It's more horizontal, and easier to get stuff
>in and out. It has great organization.

Ditto! I have a red Dash and it's great.

>...and I didn't like having to remove the main strap to use
>the stroller straps, but otherwise it's a great, machine
>washable, durable bag with lots of great pockets.

Ditto, that's the only thing that bothers me is removing the main strap to use the stroller straps. But I have a Peg Perego P3 so if it's not filled tooooo heavy I can just hang the SH on the stroller handles with no problem. If we'll be out all day I remove the main strap.

Cynthia
Sabrina 2-8-06

fattytuna
06-29-2006, 03:58 AM
I just want to comment on the stroller attachement.

I have a Combi City Savvy and I just got a P3. While the Combi is nice for short trips such as running quick errands, I really need something that fully reclines and has a bigger canopy and basket for all-day outtings in the summer. In any case, I have a Dash and this whole time I have been removing the shoulder strap whenever I want to use the stroller straps to attach it to the Combi, because the Combi only has one handle bar and that's the only way to do it without any additional gadgets.

I got my P3 today and I realized since it has two handles, I can just use the stroller straps only to hook them onto the handles and leave the shoulder strap attached to the bag. The stroller straps are adjustable. I just shorten them all the way down so that each strap is now "doubled". Then they form a loop and I use the loop to hook over the stroller handle.