PDA

View Full Version : Okay, help me. Starting to get really cranky....

punkrockmama
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
looking at all these diaper bags.

I've had a Cherry Pie (ebay seller) bag since my son was born. I used to love it, then I just liked it, now I'm starting to hate on it.

I just got DH a Skip Hop Duo in blue camo for Father's Day. He LOVES his man purse, and I'm starting to get jealous.

I really like the Skip Hop I got him except it's too dark inside, I can't see a thing when I pack up for him. And it's just a tad too big.

I've been looking at website, after website, and nothing is making me say "oooohh". It's making me crabby.

So, ladies, what kind of bag is kinda like the Skip Hop Duo, but with a light/contrasting interior, a little less messenger-like, and a few pinches smaller?

Thanks, and I salute you!

hudsonam
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I can't recommend a Lexie Barnes Darling enough. I didn't buy all the hype about them, but once I got one, I was in love. It is relatively narrow front to back, like a Duo, but it has a light interior (some of the older ones have black, I think, but mine has red), and it's way more stuffable. You can put either a little stuff in it or a lot, and it works well either way. The stroller straps work without having to detach the main strap like the Skip Hops. I briefly had a Duo and I just sold my Dash, and the Darling is the "it" bag for me now. The fabrics are fun, it's wipeable and has good organization. I love the exterior mesh bottle pockets that hold any size bottle and leave more room on the inside of the bag for everything else. It's really light weight too. There are some for sale on babybags (Yahoo group) and some of the sellers there with their own retail web sites have discounts. You can do a search and find some of them here. I don't know the codes off-hand. The stores are www.bebecandy.com, www.mylittleducks.com and www.expressivetoys.com. I got my used Poppy print for $50 on babybags, but you can get one in the low to mid $70's on one of these sites. And if you don't like it, you can always return it if you buy it from a web site rather then a swapper.

HTH!

chubbycheeks
06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I completely agree with the suggestion of the Darling. It is my favorite bag by far. I have the black and it has a nice red interior. I also had a green cord (which I miss terribly) and it had a nice yellow inner. You can't beat the size and what you can fit in them, IMO. I can fit as much in the Darling as I could in the Dash, yet it carries smaller, which I love.

punkrockmama
06-21-2006, 05:46 AM
Thank you! I'll have to check more. I've seen some Darlings on my web search, but honestly, I thought they were kinda ugly. I'll keep an open mind and look some more. :)

hudsonam
06-21-2006, 08:04 AM
I did too, but I love mine. :) I got an older Poppy one. There's an orange one they used to sell that's really cute too.