PDA

View Full Version : I got an Oi Oi Hobo - if you have/had one, a question for you

hudsonam
06-21-2006, 08:08 AM
It's really big! I thought it would shinier then it is. I got the charcoal dot with lime interior. It seems like it'll be a great all day bag though. If you have one, what can you fit in it? Also, did you scotch guard yours? It recommends doing so, but I don't know if it's necessary.

TIA!
Anne Marie

audball
06-21-2006, 08:59 AM
typically this is my big bag to use if my back has been bothering me (a sign of getting old!). I do put quite a big of things in it.

-Diapees and Wipees with 2 dipes, change pad, bags
-wipes container with a bunch of wipes
-DS's meds (Benedryl, Epi pen, spoon, tiny scissors, bandaids, small suncreen)
-2 snack traps or the equivalent
-2 other containers to fill the snack traps (I know, overkill)
-my wallet, keys, sometimes camera
-potty training incentives/rewards/bribes
-2 sippys (in pockets)

I like that there is still room in case I need to put in kid's small toys (I try to make them carry their own now), and an extra set of clothes for when DS potty trains.

Re. the scotchgarding - I don't generally do it unless the fabric is upholstery like. And I would worry about your finish on the bag picking up some of the residue (I had the same pattern in a messenger from OiOi). My suggestion is to not do it. (Maybe they meant the comment for their herringbone bags?)

hudsonam
06-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks so much! Good tip on the scotch guarding. I would have been really annoyed if I messed up the look of the bag. I've done that when spraying shoes with leather protectant.

MichelleRC
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I was going to say I wouldn't do it with the microfiber bags either. I think the recommendation was more for the canvas or herringbone bags. The mrcrofiber just wipes clean with a damp sponge or towel.