PDA

View Full Version : need a big bag to give as a gift

skohng
06-22-2006, 10:27 AM
hi all,

well, my good friend is due in december, and by that time her ds will be almost 2 1/2 yrs old. she has been using a graco diaper bag (actually her first got a tear so she bought another one. i'm sure this one will go some time soon). i would like to give her something so she's not stuck with the graco bag.

she goes out a lot with her kiddos, will BF her newborn, and tends to pack a lot.

however she is not into loud fabrics, so I don't think she'd like the SS.

what do you think? MS? Sherpani? Also, is her ds too young to wear his own backpack? I was thinking he could carry the fleurville lunch bag ...

thanks!

mommato2boys
06-22-2006, 10:44 AM
How about the Skip Hop Duo Double. Great bag, big, very easy to use features.

skohng
06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
thanks, it looks intriguing. do you know if it's really heavy to carry? she's tiny. 5'5" and 100 lbs.

chubbycheeks
06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
I was in the same spot about a year ago! My kids are 2 years apart, I am a heavy packer for the most part, BF, and CD!

Here is what has worked for me, and some things that you could check out.

We used the SH Dash for a long time, and I worked out really well. I think it is a great bag without being overly huge. I also have the Lexie Barnes Darling in black, which is my all time favorite bag. It can hols as much as the Dash, yet its lighter and I really like the lookof it.

Some othere.. maybe the LL Bean Diaper bag, or the Overland Equiptment bags look nice if she is more of a sporty gal. One of the Mamas on Babybags just did a nice review. The ProSport looks like it would make a great bag for kids. Also, if she is into the style, Vera Bradley makes some nice bags. . the baby bag would be large enough for sure. And finally, LeSportSac makes the Deulxe Everyday bag that is very lightweight and comes in solid colors. Oh, and I think the Sherpani Lena would be a good choice as well.. same in size as the SS but a bit more toned down.

Oh, my DS will not carry his own bag still, and he's three. I think it really depends on the child!

HTH!