PDA

View Full Version : Need new bag...help

niccig
06-26-2006, 12:47 PM
For the millionth time DS emptied everything out of my skip hop duo, and I realised, maybe I need a new bag..duh me for taking so long to work that out. I haven't kept up on bags, so I need some help. This is what I currently need:

DS 18 months, so maybe more of a toddler bag
I mostly carry 4x size 4 diapers, a large patemm pad, wipes case, toys, snacks, sippy cup, sometimes change of clothes, sunscreen, hat, wallet, keys, cell phone, water bottle for me. I have an insulated lunch bag if I need to take more food. I have a lands end backpack for travel, so this is our everyday bag.

I like how the skip hop attaches to the stroller, but I only do this on long trips, I carry the bag most of the time. Both strollers have small baskets and the skip hop with the patemm pad in it, doesn't fit, but I could stop taking the patemm every day as DS isn't as wriggly and I don't need to change him as much as I used to.

I would prefer something that zips or closes more than the duo, so DS can't see and get tempted by my wallet, keys, his things etc

I saw the skip hop pronto, and now that DS is older, maybe I could use something like this and put it in a bag when I need more stuff. What bag would it fit in? Or is there another great bag out there that is perfect for my needs? I have enough changing pads/wipe containers etc to build my own bag. I would like to keep using this bag when DS is out of diapers as I'll always need to haul stuff for him.

So diaper bag queens, which bags would work for me?

Thanks,
Nicci

hudsonam
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I know I sound like a broken record, but I highly recommend a Lexie Barnes Darling. It sounds like it would suit your needs perfectly. I love that it holds a lot without looking like it, and can also hold just a little and still look good. Slightly less sporty looking is the Oi Oi Hobo, but it doesn't attach to a stroller and it definitely doesn't beat a Darling for organization. I don't think the Darling is sport looking really, but moreso then the Hobo. HTH!

chiqanita
06-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I suggest either the Overland Donner (small, good for quick trips) or Trinidad (larger for more stuff)

Rach3975
06-29-2006, 10:49 PM
The Lands End Little Tripper is a great toddler bag. 2 exterior bottle pockets that can hold sippies or adult water bottles, a few interior mesh pockets, and the main bag and parent pocket zip shut. It's very sporty and doesn't scream diaper bag, IMO. Can't beat the price, either. I'm not sure how much room the Patemm pad takes up, so I can't say for sure how all your stuff would fit, but without the Patemm pad you should be good.

If you're looking for something more upscale, the Fleurville Sling Tote is about the size of the Duo, I think, and there is now a smaller version as well. I don't have either, but I've been drooling over them for a long time.