PDA

View Full Version : How do you use your diaper case?

hudsonam
06-27-2006, 07:52 AM
I just got a really nice diaper case from www.emmiesworld.com (Ida is great!), but I realize, after also trying a Franz Bum Bag (which was really big, but very nice), that it doesn't really save me room in my bag. Maybe it's just the size and style of my bags. So I'm just wondering, if you have a diaper case, how do you use it? Do you use it in your diaper bag? Do you keep it in the car, or use it when going out for a quick trip? I love that I can fit diaper cream and a disposable changing pad in it, and that it has a handle. I can definitely see this being a replacement for the Escape Pod I had and sold.

TIA!

winterbaby
06-27-2006, 11:37 AM
I have a D&W and a case from Ida and I put a few diapers, wipes, cream and throw-away bags in the d&w case and then in Ida's I put a change of clothes and hat. Both cases stay packed at all times so whichever diaper bag I use I just put the 2 cases inside. I have no trouble fitting 2 cases in any of my bags along with my other stuff.

hudsonam
06-27-2006, 12:33 PM
That's a great idea! I never thought of using one for clothes. Gives me a good reason to order another one. ;)

jenfed1
06-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I like that when I need to change a diaper I can grap the case and not my whole bag.

jenfed1
06-27-2006, 12:42 PM
I like that when I need to change a diaper I can grap the case and not my whole bag.

tmrbwilson1998
06-27-2006, 01:44 PM
I am having a similar problem with my great D&W - they are great (1 camo for DS and 1 pink polka dot for DD) for nursery during church so that the ladies keeping the nursery can simply grab a pouch that has the respective wipes and dipes. However, whether it is in my PBU or LB SS or Packabe...they seem to make the bag bulkier. I leave them in for those kind of situations (or when DH has them, lol!) to make the bag more user-friendly, but when it is just me, I am starting to take the dipes and wipes out of the D&W pouches.

I do love those things though!
:)
Tina

julieakc
06-28-2006, 01:14 AM
I never thought of the cases as a way to save room...I originally bought one just to be more organized; i.e. have everything in one place. I like being able to just grab the case and not have to take my whole bag into the bathroom if I'm out and about. I don't have problems fitting the cases into my bags, but it does depend on the bag...for example, when I use my ST I don't use a diaper case because I prefer not to use any pouches with that bag.